+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dying pets

Rift Disciple

Default Dying pets

So I'm in a modest little guild, and we've just started the 20-man. On the first boss, Gelidra, the other ranged rogues and I all had trouble with our pets dying (I'm using PopeorGod's 40mm/36rng, and I took hasten call and close quarters). It was raptor slaughter time, even though I have a pet recall hot-keyed and I tried calling it back when switching from the boss to the birds.

These pets were dying even before Hasten Call got off cd. Any advice appreciated. Does not having a full Ranger build cause this? Is there something I can do to prevent it?

RIFT Guide Writer

The birds attack the closest target including pets. Order your pet to attack the vortex and it should survive if tanks are positioned correctly.

Rift Disciple

Ok, interesting. Should I take "petattack" out of my macros so it doesn't switch to the bird when I have it targeted?

RIFT Guide Writer

For this fight yes you should take it out of the macros and manually manage your pet if you want to use the MM/Ranger spec optimally.

Rift Disciple

ok, many thanks--tried going straight 61mm, but at my current sort of intermediate gear set it knocked my dps way down.

+ Reply to Thread