+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Infinity Slayer weapon set procs and bonus value worth it?

Soulwalker

Default Infinity Slayer weapon set procs and bonus value worth it?

Has anyone done any testing on the Infinity Slayer weapon set procs and bonus value?

I had Necroscalpel drop for me today, but I already have Claw of Carnage and Shard of the Necrotic Throne. According to Popeorgod's spreadsheet, my two current weapons have a better score value than Necroscalpel stats-wise.

I am wondering if investing in Empyreal Hero's Dagger for the set bonus is at all worth it for a ranged spec. If it's not, I would rather save my Infinity Stones for Planar Essences than for the Hero's Dagger.

Here are the stats for a set that is available:

Empyreal Hero's Dagger
    DPS 211.9
    Dex 85
    Str 53
    End 61
    CP 53
    Hit 53

Equip: Grants a chance for your damaging abilities to deal an additional 592 to 723 Death damage.

The Infinity Slayer (2/2)
    (2): Increases the damage of your set weapon's effects.

Necroscalpel
    DPS 211.7
    Dex 59
    Str 79
    End 50
    AP 35
    Hit 53

Equip: Grants a chance for your damaging abilities to deal an additional 592 to 723 Death damage.

The Infinity Slayer (2/2)
    (2): Increases the damage of your set weapon's effects.
    Last edited by Bigf00t; 01-18-2013 at 05:45 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

As far as I can tell, the set bonus does nothing. Its very little damage either way.

Rift Master

From checking one of my parses a couple days ago it comes down to about 0.5% of my damage, with the set bonus, maybe 0.7%. A full core with epic lesser essences will be more beneficial to you. Plus, once you get raid level weapons, this bonus will get broken anyways.

IMO priority should go to lesser essence core first.

You will have to temper this comment with how your guild does air and death heavy damage raids. If they require air/death cores....

There are so many friggen places you need IS. DPS core, DPS Torvan cloak, tank cloak, tank core, bis air core, bis death core, empyreal weaps if you havent got dungeon or raid drops... errmagheeerd.

Core comes first. Again temper this with how your guild does raids.

Seriously I have been farming IS for weeks now. And I still need a good 1500 more.

argh
    Last edited by Hodor; 01-22-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Soulwalker

The set bonus does nothing, except make your eyes glow. Which is pretty cool : p

I was under the impression that it would at least increase the proc damage, but it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by desverger View Post
    The set bonus does nothing, except make your eyes glow. Which is pretty cool : p

I was under the impression that it would at least increase the proc damage, but it does not.
    But it's stated on the set bonus, it should increase the proc damage. wtf?
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

RIFT Guide Writer

Before Storm Legion there were similar looking set bonuses for weapons from PF and ID. I tested those bonuses to be 10% so it was extremely minimal. I haven't tested these current bonuses but if you can't see any real difference then it's probably still the same 10%.

Pretty much all bonuses haven't made me have to go after them in SL...dungeon set, greaters, on proc types, on use nothing real great....just seems straight stats is by far the way to go....pre SL there were some good ones to go for but since SL launched nothing bonus wise seems worth it...
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Telaran

Since the set bonus is about worthless. As a tank I just went with the Tanking sword and the DPS dagger. Enjoying both procs as is, but ready to upgrade at the first opportunity.

Soulwalker

only thing im gonna say is necroscapel is a warrior 1h dps sword hense the high str. so it might not even work with the rogue set.

+ Reply to Thread