+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What's the top DPS build currently?

Rob
    Shadowlander

Default What's the top DPS build currently?

i'm not asking for a difference between ranged vs melee. i'm seeing several spec getting thrown out there. i'm asking what specs are people parsing the highest with, and back it up with parses (and not some gimicky 30 second burst parse). i also know that aoe specs parse higher on aoe fights just due to the nature of what's going on.

the general consensus has been that bladedancer is the top dps spec overall. for some reason i just can't parse well with it. i'm doing better with nightblade than i've ever been able to do with bladedancer. the problem i've run into is that for single target, assassin seems to outperform nightblade. is there anybody else running into issues like this as well, or am i alone on this?
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. and in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all

Telaran

At the moment, our higest ST spec is 38 Ranger, 16 Sab, 22 sin.
    Exterm@Brisesol <Mea Culpa>

Quote Originally Posted by Exterm View Post
    At the moment, our higest ST spec is 38 Ranger, 16 Sab, 22 sin.
    Isn't that an "exploit spec" that will be "fixed" in 2.2? Or am I confusing this with some other build?
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    Isn't that an "exploit spec" that will be "fixed" in 2.2? Or am I confusing this with some other build?
    It is already fixed on PTS as far as I can tell.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    and? 2.2 is most likely 2 weeks away and he's asking for the top dps spec right now.

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    and? 2.2 is most likely 2 weeks away and he's asking for the top dps spec right now.
    It's not going to wait until 2.2

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post4121318

My guess is next week.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-18-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    I'd rather learn the top spec that's valid and will remain valid as I raid, not change specs every week or two. But that's just me, someone who avoids exploits. YMMV
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Or just provide a full answer to his question instead of fighting among each other.

Currently it's the Rng/Sab spec but it is a bugged spec. The dev's have already mentioned that it will be fixed at a future date.

Currently you can use the 40mm/36rng or 61MM (for no pet) as ranged options or 61BD for melee. mm/rng is the most commonly used

Rob
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    Or just provide a full answer to his question instead of fighting among each other.

Currently it's the Rng/Sab spec but it is a bugged spec. The dev's have already mentioned that it will be fixed at a future date.

Currently you can use the 40mm/36rng or 61MM (for no pet) as ranged options or 61BD for melee. mm/rng is the most commonly used
    thank you for that. as well as all the others who have provided constructive answers. so with the changes being slated (thus far) with 2.2, is it possible that 61mm will be brought in line with 40/36, or have we not yet played around with that? or should we not even spec up to 61MM and instead go with something like 58MM/18RG? (basically, how significant is free recoil?)

i'm not opposed to using a "bugged spec" (i currently run the sab ranger, 40/36, and a nb spec which takes advantage of the bugged fiery spike), i would like to just know how viable the specs i'm using are. and yes, i'm aware that "bugged specs" are being fixed and won't be relevant for very much longer.

i'm basically looking for confirmation on specs and the numbers people are pulling. if you have anything you'd like to add (that would be useful) by all means, throw it out there. i'm interested in seeing what ideas people are kicking around
    Last edited by Rob; 01-18-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: legibility
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. and in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all

Rift Disciple

40/36 I usually sit around 12k ish have hit 13k a few times when things go perfectly if the fight is strictly ST and doesnt require switching. MM I think does around 8-9k? Havent used it for a long time now unless some purging is required from rogues.

Bugged sab/rng spec easily pulls 15k+ again target switching hurts it a bit but you can preload charges if you now a target switch is coming up to help deal with this somewhat but this spec will be dead come 2.2.

Bugged NB spec is about 1k away from the sab one but shines on Kain currently easily pulls 25k or more.

The melee specs (BD and SIN guess we cant really count NB just yet) are also doing around 10-12k for me also depending on movement, it obviously starts to drop quite a bit when movement is involved. Progenitor would be a good example of a fight with a lot of movement.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    thank you for that. as well as all the others who have provided constructive answers. so with the changes being slated (thus far) with 2.2, is it possible that 61mm will be brought in line with 40/36, or have we not yet played around with that? or should we not even spec up to 61MM and instead go with something like 58MM/18RG? (basically, how significant is free recoil?)
    From some of the parses I've been seeing from people on the PTS, the 61 MM spec is parsing within 300dps of the mm/ranger hybrid. I'm hoping this stays true as I hate dealing with a pet and I'm willing to lose 300 DPS on the top end in exchange. Plus a purge. That's always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raltar View Post
    From some of the parses I've been seeing from people on the PTS, the 61 MM spec is parsing within 300dps of the mm/ranger hybrid. I'm hoping this stays true as I hate dealing with a pet and I'm willing to lose 300 DPS on the top end in exchange. Plus a purge. That's always nice.
    What exactly is so painful about these practically indestructible pets we get these days?

They were a pain in the butt when they took full AoE damage. They were a pain when they stood in front of a boss and ate cleaves. They were a pain when they died to every single mechanic known to man.

But now, they're super-pets. A neigh indestructible hands-free source of damage.

So where's the hassle in dealing with them? That you have to remember to summon them before engaging?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Disciple

I don't like them aesthetically. And they still die sometimes if you don't pull them out in time. It's just one more thing I don't want to have to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    What exactly is so painful about these practically indestructible pets we get these days?

They were a pain in the butt when they took full AoE damage. They were a pain when they stood in front of a boss and ate cleaves. They were a pain when they died to every single mechanic known to man.

But now, they're super-pets. A neigh indestructible hands-free source of damage.

So where's the hassle in dealing with them? That you have to remember to summon them before engaging?
    They still die a decent amount on AOE-heavy fights, they have a long travel time switching targets, and I really dislike being reliant on it critting for the Prey on the Weak damage buff.

Rift Disciple

don't play BD unless you are very comfortable with playing melee and staying in melee range(a few disconnects and your dps will plummet)
    I'd play NB because its the most forgiving melee spec and has the strongest ranged attack.
    Playing NB the correct way still does more dps then mm/rng.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast