+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pvp heal support.

Default Pvp heal support.

I'm not level 60 yet, but I'm enjoying the tactician soul for leveling, once I get to 60. Is it worth going full Tact for pvp heal/support? Or is Bard still the better choice to support a war front team?
    Last edited by Gunzip; 01-15-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

The best PvP support is encourage DPS clerics to heal, and/or find more healers to join your group.

On a serious note, Bards for the win and I did see a new ability with a rouge that sprayed green mist and it healed everyone. Thought that was an awesome ability.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Rift Chaser

Bard has more sustained buffing/debuffing than high tact. 40 bard/36 tact has best AoE heals. But, sustained single target heals are only available in high tact. Although restorative bolt(58 tact) will not be as tasty after it is not backed by a bugged restorative engine it is still going to be better than having to cast one coda for every ST heal when someone is under pressure. Ablative coil is also a strong cooldown at 61 tact.

Whoa it's Gunzip! If you are just coming back like myself to the game i would recommend using http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#TkEEyE8y8/vkACyix0/B
    I had to adjust my healing spec with the changes to bard and i found for level 50 this pumps out the most consistent heals. Just focus on keeping Tact hots up and curative core down. I usually use Power Core and Battle remote in unison to Beef up everyone's dps and my cadence when off CD.

Bardic Inspiration is glorious for keeping up motifs. I usually do 5CP Curative blast, then 2 5CP COR then back to Curative Blast.

Now this isn't all that durable so i don't recommend charging the ranks but finding that over extender or a pet to cadence off of lets you pump maximum heals at all times.

I just came back myself so i hope to see ya out on the field!

~Lohart
    <- My connection speed
    60 Rogue Lohart ~ 58 Warrior Gazenkinie (Teresa) ~ 60 Cleric Sagiso ~ 60 Mage Quelaan
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#T...8/v8GGiliF14/B

Get 5/5 Reverberation, spam Emp Bolt, keep Curative Core/Blast up, pop CoR as needed to refresh motifs/HD stacks.

Enjoy it until the Resto Engine nerf. Probably still going to be your best bet at that point, mind you, but you won't be parsing as high.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagiso View Post
    Whoa it's Gunzip! If you are just coming back like myself to the game i would recommend using http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#TkEEyE8y8/vkACyix0/B
    I had to adjust my healing spec with the changes to bard and i found for level 50 this pumps out the most consistent heals. Just focus on keeping Tact hots up and curative core down. I usually use Power Core and Battle remote in unison to Beef up everyone's dps and my cadence when off CD.

Bardic Inspiration is glorious for keeping up motifs. I usually do 5CP Curative blast, then 2 5CP COR then back to Curative Blast.

Now this isn't all that durable so i don't recommend charging the ranks but finding that over extender or a pet to cadence off of lets you pump maximum heals at all times.

I just came back myself so i hope to see ya out on the field!

~Lohart
    Cool, and thanks, yea, i'm back for a week now, trying to grind out these levels then on to the prestige nose bleed lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread