+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kithiel

Thread: 61 Pt MM Rotation

Shadowlander

Default 61 Pt MM Rotation

Right now, I am trying to work on my single target rotations for a 61 point Marksman build. I realize its not the optimal build for rogues as it stands, but I enjoy it and refuse to play a build that rely on bugs/pets. Below are a few questions that I wouldn't mind answering.

Splinter Shot
    I read somewhere that weaving in this ability is an overall DPS increase. Is this true? Or does the 1.5 second cast time gimp dps? If its a gain, where/when should it be weaved?

Deadeye Shot
    Over the last few days I have been looking at other peoples (MM's) outputs in zone events/experts and this one seems to vary. Some downright do not use deadeye and others it is a 3rd of their overall dps. Now I know to prioritize rapid fire shot over deadeye, but is it worth removing deadeye in place of hasted shot all together? Or should I remain using deadeye?

Strafe
    In order to gain the most dps, when is it best to use this? Typically, I will use it straight after a finisher to build back up to 5 combo points (of course not forgetting to fire the free empowered shot). Am I right in this regard?

Thanks
    Over - Rogue
    Seressa - Warrior

Icewatch - EU

I believe this page will answer most of your questions: http://www.dunsparrow.com/2012/12/29...sman/#more-274

He doesn't mention Splinter Shot, but if it was left out it's safe to assume you don't want to use it. Dun's specs are generally spot on.

Happy Marksmanning.

Shadowlander

That answered my questions perfectly, thank you!
    Over - Rogue
    Seressa - Warrior

Icewatch - EU

Telaran

For the most part you want to maximize the number of times you get to use instant Empowered Shots. Anything that delays an instant ES is probably a loss.

If you are going to use Strafe in your regular rotation, clip it at 3 and use your instant ES.

+ Reply to Thread