+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard with DPS

Soulwalker

Default Bard with DPS

HI guys,

I am searching for a second supporter skillung for raids. My first skillung is 40Bard/36 Tact. This is my group healing build.
    For our raid it would be nice to have a build with a bit more dps and a bit of healing.
    Can you help me?

Plane Walker

40/36 has awesome heals, best I think. I'd think that it'd would leave room for a group to spare an extra healer for more dps.

54bard/tarc rest the best raid healer for me

atm.. 40/36 is top of rogue healing, for good reason, and aside from doing 1/2 as much dps as full bard does while healing, it does far more healing than full bard, also, it brings more raid buffs to the table than full bard, so.. does your raid want you to do 5-7k dps with mediocre healing and sacrifice buffing the healing and dps output of the entire raid for it?

note.. in 40/36, it is possible to switch to a dps oriented rotation:

emp boltx5>emp ray>emp boltx5>cow or debuff of choice

to expand on this, if your healing truly isn't needed much, you can swap to necrotic engine

changing the rotation as done above will still let you have resonance, and put out higher dps numbers.. just don't forget, your mission, healing or dps oriented, is still buffing the raid, debuffing targets, and any possible boss mechanics to perform, you are still extra.. what you where will not effect how much you buff the raid by, and so you will still be the last to get gear usually.

it's that or just run deep bard with points in either nb or mm

+ Reply to Thread