+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Solace

Thread: Torrent Overload: unnecessary mechanic

Shadowlander

Default Torrent Overload: unnecessary mechanic

title pretty much says it all .. this "extra" mechanic merely seems like a way to justify the 2 points you have to spend in "expanded torrents" making both the mechanic and the talent superfilous.. no other AoE soul requires you to use a finisher that does 0 dmg to remove a debuff from yourself. it detracts from an otherwise innovative character role that no other game, in my experience, offers.

Cabalist, Champion, Stormcaller and even Saboteur have no such drawback, or what I like to call dead spot, in their rotation. I postulate that the removal of torrent overload, or at very least changing the expanded torrents talent to make your torrents add combo points, would improve the enjoyment of the class tremendously and make the overall experience of the soul feel less "clunky"....

interested in hearing the opinions of other rogues who enjoy this soul...

It also increases damage and healing of torrents by 8% per combo point used, so 40% if you wisely use it with 5 combo points. Those other souls you listed don't have that. Personally I like it as it requires at least a little bit of thought and attention, whereas with it's removal you would go full 1.10 Warrior with 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 off into infinity.
    Even free cost too much now

Shadowlander

so you prefer 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,3,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,3 ... got it

Over 1,2,1,2,1,2... yes I believe I said that.
    Even free cost too much now

Shadowlander

I can compromise .. make torrents gain combo points so torrent primer is 1 GCD rather than 2

They are new souls, in time they will consolidate some of these silly things or nix them entirely for better talents.

A finisher to increase torrents. Torrents building up an epic power starve unless you cycle some other stuff, even so it builds up a bit then. Might even one day just get rid of necrotic torrent, and make glacial torrent do 60%+ damage or whatever extra when target is below 30% hp.

Lots of ways the soul could be tidied up if there was new stuff to add. They revamp souls often it seems, I am confident Tact will see its day.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

please dont ask to spoil the design of tactician.. try to appreciate it's complexities and potentials.

what I can say, and has been said before.. is that it does not receive maximum tactician soul benefit. if it were possible to weave an actual finisher in there, without an overall dps loss, then I would prefer it.. otherwise it's all torrent rotation, or a rotation between torrents and bolt/ray that makes torrents do even more dmg, but you spent a whole 6 gcd doing 1/8 the total dmg to achieve it.

atleast we got cb fixed to it procced primer amplification.

big one on my list is making the heals smarter.. and making the torrents work with aiming up or down angles...

that.. and finding a way to make raid tact healing possible, atm it really isn't unless it's a petrified tank and spank with no maneuvering.

+ Reply to Thread