+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What range ST after SaboRangerSin gets "fixed"?

Default What range ST after SaboRangerSin gets "fixed"?

I dont know what the catchy name of the build is, but the Ranger Sabo Sin build that is DPSing so well for us.

What is everyone going back to after it gets "fixed"? I didn't enjoy the Ranger/MM hybrid, but it's looking like our only other option.
    SOUL FORGED 4/4 TotDQ - 4/4 FT - 4/5 EE www.soul-forged.com
    Blytz - Rogue
    Vyo - Mage
    Dyzmal - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Blytzz View Post
    I dont know what the catchy name of the build is, but the Ranger Sabo Sin build that is DPSing so well for us.
    I love when 50%+ ahead of every other ranged DPS is rationalized as "good DPS"

What is everyone going back to after it gets "fixed"? I didn't enjoy the Ranger/MM hybrid, but it's looking like our only other option.
    What's not to enjoy? It's a 3 button-spec, with 2 buttons used every 45 or so. With the exception of another 2min ability. It's a little bit harder than our old ranger build.

Plus, don't get used to bugged specs.
    Part of Trinity. "Come for Trunks, stay for Trunks."

The Sabo/Ranger will still do solid DPS. I will wait to see the "Fix" before its complete crap.

If your doing 18k now and they reduce the % and we start doing 13-14 k that's still solid DPS considering.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I love when 50%+ ahead of every other ranged DPS is rationalized as "good DPS"
    First, if your going to quote some one at least quote what they say.

Second, your numbers are not even close. Our broken spec at least for the people I play with are hitting any where from 12-16k depending on the enviroment. That is NO where near 50% ahead of "every other ranged DPS".

I started this thread to just ask what people are changing to since this "bugged spec" is getting fixed. If you choose not to participate in a positve manner, just don't post.
    Blytz - Rogue
    Vyo - Mage
    Dyzmal - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by daphat79 View Post
    The Sabo/Ranger will still do solid DPS. I will wait to see the "Fix" before its complete crap.

If your doing 18k now and they reduce the % and we start doing 13-14 k that's still solid DPS considering.
    Are you refering to the one from this thread? 2-1-new-single-target-sab-build
    Blytz - Rogue
    Vyo - Mage
    Dyzmal - Cleric

First, if your going to quote some one at least quote what they say.

Second, your numbers are not even close. Our broken spec at least for the people I play with are hitting any where from 12-16k depending on the enviroment. That is NO where near 50% ahead of "every other ranged DPS".

I started this thread to just ask what people are changing to since this "bugged spec" is getting fixed. If you choose not to participate in a positve manner, just don't post.
    They aren't using it to its potential then. I was using quotes to indicate that it's a little more than just "good dps", it was more of a general thing not just directed at you. You could have made this post without the obvious bias, I am just responding based on your choice of phrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    They aren't using it to its potential then. I was using quotes to indicate that it's a little more than just "good dps", it was more of a general thing not just directed at you. You could have made this post without the obvious bias, I am just responding based on your choice of phrasing.
    We are infact using it to its potential, you could have stopped to think maybe your getting more do to better gear? We have mages, clerics and warriors all parsing over 13k dps

I never refered to the spec as good dps, the description I used if you look again at the OP was "DPSing so well for us".

What bias are you speaking of? The accurate description of a spec that is infact doing well for us?

You have posted on this thread twice now and yet to be productive or helpful at all.
    Blytz - Rogue
    Vyo - Mage
    Dyzmal - Cleric

We are infact using it to its potential, you could have stopped to think maybe your getting more do to better gear? We have mages, clerics and warriors all parsing over 13k dps

I never refered to the spec as good dps, the description I used if you look again at the OP was "DPSing so well for us".

What bias are you speaking of? The accurate description of a spec that is infact doing well for us?

You have posted on this thread twice now and yet to be productive or helpful at all.
    And you have asked a question that is rhetorical.

Are you guys really gonna be nitpicking at every word?

meh.. i still enjoy a tactician dps.. not everyone can do it, but for a build that isn't bugged it works out fine. lets say the avg dps, from a legit rogue in a guild starting to raid is 10k+, well, the tact will do about 7k st. (thats 70% of a "pure" st dps player. as in.. only 30% less.), and they will do that for 2/3 of the bosses' health. but.. when that boss hits less than 30% hp, the st dps from tact will sky-rocket to 20-30k dps, on the boss alone....now doing full dps like others and enough to replace 2 other people. yes.. for 1/3 of the fight the tact will do 3 people's worth of dps. let's add in the other benefit, like + to raid dmg and healing % per person in raid every minute. It all really does add up.

I would like to see the abilties re-scaled for the souls, and retooled 51/61 point skills to emphasise playing a deep spec for dps, and playing a hybrid as a dps loss but a utility gain.

Plane Touched

If said tactician does 7k dps at first, his damage will not go up to 20-30k dps ;)

And I still think some sab build will be pretty good, otherwise probably the 40/36
    Mitsurugi
    GAME OVER
    CONTENT CLEARED, REGULOS 0%

haha.. no, it will, not on the total parse, since it is too slow, run another parse on a boss for when it hits under 30% hp with a tact going at it. the dps gap between him and any other rogue is massive. mind you, that is for only 1/3 of the boss fight though.. (which tends to be when 1-2 or even 3 people that would normally dps might be dead)

What Tac build you using?
    Blytz - Rogue
    Vyo - Mage
    Dyzmal - Cleric

thats a dps tact at 41 tact, 35mm, pretty much 40-41 is prime for tact anything, unless you have found a spot with a raid that stacks perfect enough for 58 tact (going past 41 is only good for + to situational healing).

i also run one with vamp munitions, which proc on empyrean engine aoe, and switching to necro core and critting with a emp ray and necro bolt nukes almost anybody with pure elemental dmg.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast