+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rogue Farming Build

Soulwalker

Default Rogue Farming Build

I am looking for a good farming build so i can farm items as quickly as possible. As much damage as possible to the most enemies possible.

Any Bard based build would be the most resilient for grinding and farming. Not as fast as the DPS heavy specs but infinitely more survivable.

The Blard is a nice build.

I personally use a Heavy Bard with Tactician one but it's not the fastest at kills. I typically hook three to five mobs at a time then whittle them down with a Necrotic Core and Cadence with Multiple Oscillations.

It's VERY hard to die unless you seriously over pull or hook an elite invasion pack. Even then I just pop Fury of the Ascended and they still go down.
    "Might does not make right... It just makes it possible."

Alekto, Cleric - Eryon, Warrior - Mause, Rogue - Casuane, Cleric

Default Hey

Try 30-ish MM and 40-ish Tact. I know that isn't in any way specific but you can pretty much tinker with it to your own liking and come up with something nice. Can kill just about any number of mobs give or take.
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/Daisukexdark12/sig_faylinkz_zps2d339858.png
    Frozen Tempest: 4/4 :: Endless Eclipse 5/5
    North American 1st :: Canadian 1st :: PRE NERF Perfect Crucia & Perfect Regulos
    <How to be on T.O.P.>

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

These guys are all wrong, especially Faylinkz.

My Devastating Untarnished Nobility spec will kill 5x faster than glacier-slow "blard" or tac/bard spec and survive far more mobs than tac/mm. Try it and you won't consider anything else for soloing/farming.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 01-08-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Telaran

Fun build

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...2Ga8/ykwa54/Tu

You can change the 4 points into tactician to either be more defensive or more offensive.

Great AOE and Survivability

Check out Granpa's zero downtime nightblade leveling spec in the guides. You destroy everything you face and you do it rogue style. Attacks from the shadows and teleports; magic and steel. No flamethrowers, no guitars, and no buff micromanagement. This is that same feel we had back in the day of bd/rs/sin. Different spec and play style, but still that feel of a rogue-shaped whirlwind tearing a path across the land.

BONUS: Twilight Transcendence is the best defensive cool down in the rogue soul, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post

My Devastating Untarnished Nobility spec will kill 5x faster than glacier-slow "blard" or tac/bard spec and survive far more mobs than tac/mm. Try it and you won't consider anything else for soloing/farming.
    I've just recently come back & have been using the Grandpa's NB/Rs spec as mentioned above, however I got caught in an overrun Onslaught the other day & wanted to try a spec that was a little more useful in an Onslaught situation.

When reading your guide, I was confused when you posted "On AOE, spam alternating Glacial/Infernal Torrents (just interrupt each torrent with the other) until you get 4 stacks of Expanded Torrents". Is the purpose to generate 4 stacks Expanded Torrents as soon as possible to get to your finisher or does letting the torrents tick as you gather mobs & then clip them just as good?

I'm halfway tempted to level a new rogue as Tact just to learn the soul but any info is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    I've just recently come back & have been using the Grandpa's NB/Rs spec as mentioned above, however I got caught in an overrun Onslaught the other day & wanted to try a spec that was a little more useful in an Onslaught situation.

When reading your guide, I was confused when you posted "On AOE, spam alternating Glacial/Infernal Torrents (just interrupt each torrent with the other) until you get 4 stacks of Expanded Torrents". Is the purpose to generate 4 stacks Expanded Torrents as soon as possible to get to your finisher or does letting the torrents tick as you gather mobs & then clip them just as good?

I'm halfway tempted to level a new rogue as Tact just to learn the soul but any info is appreciated.
    I just saw Temperature Inversion in the soul tree which I think answers my question.

Quote Originally Posted by fatslap View Post
    I am looking for a good farming build so i can farm items as quickly as possible. As much damage as possible to the most enemies possible.
    When I sologrinded IA's I used this.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...akl92yg/AkxMx2

Pull as many mobs as you like, nuke them down in seconds, get full HP back from Boosted recovery.

PS: I dont remeber 100% the point spread, but it looked something like it.

As far as mass mob grinding goes, you wont find a better option.
    AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post

You can gather mobs however is comfortable for you.

Once you have them, then you will start with the Infernal/Glacial spam. You don't let them channel, you interrupt them as quickly as possible. This keeps Temperature Inversion active and gives extra Infernal dot ticks, without ever letting it fall off.

You wan't to get your first finisher ASAP, so you can pop Torrent Primer and get the 40% damage boost.

One trick I've since picked up that wasn't in my guide is to turn on Energy Alteration while soloing. With this on, I use Curative Blast every finisher (unless I need to put up Torrent Primer) which gives a small HoT and also regens 15 energy per use. This helps combat the energy starvation you will get so much of the time and makes you a bit more durable.

Soulwalker

after hitting 48 recently and heading out to SL. I decided to follow DUNs guide, let me just say the damage output is insane for leveling and the survivability is no joke. I'd definitely suggest it to anyone.

Dunsparrow's build is by far the best solo/leveling one right now, don't get caught up with those Riftstalker/nightblade builds. Dun spec is the way to go right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post

Really nice spec man. Great for chronicles and farming in general.

Thanks for all the kind words.

My only issue with the 61 Tac is I find you don't really get all that much once you move far beyond 40. I think the 4x/3x Tac/MM specs are a little fragile, but would you stand to gain in performance by shaving 10-12 points off the top of the Tac and dropping them into another passive booster, assuming this was a dedicated solo grinder (Resto Bolt/Coil/Fort Core/Curative Torrent/Emp Engine dip a little in value when that's what you're up to).
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast