+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New pvp trinket

Plane Touched

Default New pvp trinket

from the stats it looks to be the BiS trinket, not sure if this has already been covered. Just wondering if people think the new pvp trinket is better than the old CQ trinket or any new trinket out there

Its got 80+ endurance and a decent amount of stats + crit power.

Kind of hard to ask for much more in a piece of gear.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

AP > CP

besides, have you looked at the amount of marks needed for the upgrade item?

Not impossible, if you just afk your way to a Conq lose (I'm assuming that's what we're talking about anyway) as so many people do.

Though I agree, 4800 marks is absolutely freakin' insane. Only one rogue and my (also completely insane in the membrane) guild leader have it....
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Moloch View Post
    AP > CP
    Yes, but is the amount of AP lost worth trading for everything else you gain? It always frustrates me when people just blindly accept the stat weights as absolute without balancing the pros and cons.

By your logic, 1 AP would be better than 100 CP, because AP > CP.

Quote Originally Posted by Elge View Post
    Yes, but is the amount of AP lost worth trading for everything else you gain? It always frustrates me when people just blindly accept the stat weights as absolute without balancing the pros and cons..
    ^this

It's kinda close i guess, 24.75 ap vs 52 CP and 17 crit. I don't give end a value but def nice to have that extra 50 end stat. All the same CP gained is >ap lost and the crit is a small bonus. So It is without question a dps increase to ranger and marksmen specs and should still be a small upgrade to melee specs. Bard it would be a loss since the Ap vs CP values are much higher. Unsure about how tact and sabo stats are valued right now.

Or just get the Kathan Rifge Trinket? No need to farm CQ.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Telaran

The Trinket update worth a little more than the old one, but not that much. It's something like +14 points
    Exterm@Brisesol <Mea Culpa>

I don't get why you folks don't consider the extra 50 endurance on it a plus.

All the dps stats in the world isn't going to do you any good if you're dead.

Even if you consider it a pure dps loss, the loss is tiny... and no where else can you trade such a tiny loss for an extra 50 endurance.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    ^this

It's kinda close i guess, 24.75 ap vs 52 CP and 17 crit. I don't give end a value but def nice to have that extra 50 end stat. All the same CP gained is >ap lost and the crit is a small bonus. So It is without question a dps increase to ranger and marksmen specs and should still be a small upgrade to melee specs. Bard it would be a loss since the Ap vs CP values are much higher. Unsure about how tact and sabo stats are valued right now.
    Its worth more than that, since the trinket procs in PvE right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Its worth more than that, since the trinket procs in PvE right now.
    Key words being "right now". Yea I've heard about it's procing when it shouldn't be bug but wasn't even close to in the mood for all the raging sure to follow once it gets fixed. I try to stay away from saying anything like, "well this is broke so it is the best".

As stated aboue though, the karthan Ridge trinket is comparable to the upgraded CQ trinket and farmable much faster than the CQ marks needed to upgrade our old trinkets. You can also upgrade it to the new CQ trinket so if you ever hit CP cap (Not sure if it's possible but with crafted gear the way it is right now it does seem like it may happen) you would still have your AP trinket laying around somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Key words being "right now". Yea I've heard about it's procing when it shouldn't be bug but wasn't even close to in the mood for all the raging sure to follow once it gets fixed. I try to stay away from saying anything like, "well this is broke so it is the best".
    Most abilities in the PvP Planar Attunement trees are broken and work in PvE, but they've not been fixed since they were introduced. Take a look at something like Creeping Remedy from clerics.

+ Reply to Thread