Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Galibier

Thread: Sabdancer 2.0! Return of the Fallen

Default Sabdancer 2.0! Return of the Fallen

The spec I use

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oV0hx0hx0M.-11

rotation basis:
    start from stealth
    blade tempo>expose weakness> jagged strike>puncture>spike>spike>deadly strike
    spike x 3 > detonate > keen strike > quick strike > puncture > spike > spike > deadly strike > spike x3 > detonate > keen strike > quick strike > puncture > spike x 2 > deadly strike > spike x 3 > detonate

buffs: lethal poison
    virulent poison

Macro (For nostalgia only) :
    #show spike charge
    cast spike charge
    startattack

now that being said. deadly dance for some reason does not modify spike charges at all so this spec is completely unusable. However, if it did this would be our top DPS spec at the moment and we could all be happy that trion gave it back to us.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Rift Master

As your signature says: terrible idea

;p

I am still fed up with that spec from when it was op. The deadly dance change was specifically aimed at killing thid spec.

However, I wished our melee builds were capable of a bit more damage, to justify the need to be in melee range, and not just that pitiful damage increase you get.

agreed, they are supposed to be doing a lot of bug fixes/changes so I guess we will see next hotfix.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    now that being said. deadly dance for some reason does not modify spike charges at all so this spec is completely unusable. .
    Not sure if serious
    AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    now that being said. deadly dance for some reason does not modify spike charges at all so this spec is completely unusable. However, if it did this would be our top DPS spec at the moment and we could all be happy that trion gave it back to us.
    It's in a patch notes somewhere... Deadly Dance not affecting charges is 100% intentional.

I really enjoyed sab dancer
    ~Quiescent

It was good and bad I guess. But given this or blinkspecs, I'd take sabdancer again >_> Blinking was so horrendously dangerous ever since... geeze.. every 20man and some 10man raid after ROS? =/
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Don't give up! Once expose weakness is fixed it might open up some interesting builds with sab and assassin. Since deadly dance no longer works with charges BD is a no go, but Sab and assassin might synergize well.

I loved sabdancer, very easy rotation but took finesse to play well. My kind of build.
    Last edited by Mayi; 01-06-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    As your signature says: terrible idea

;p

I am still fed up with that spec from when it was op. The deadly dance change was specifically aimed at killing thid spec.

However, I wished our melee builds were capable of a bit more damage, to justify the need to be in melee range, and not just that pitiful damage increase you get.
    And I hated the fact they killed it. They killed this, Bloodstalker. Basically all the fun hybrid specs that required you to think AND play ouside of the box get nerfed so we can all brain dead spam out way to out best dps with MM and then Ranger builds.
    Last edited by Galibier; 01-06-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Truly a bizarre thread. Sabdancer was nerfed, what, a year ago? Suddenly you just forgot this and stopped understanding why the spec doesn't work?

Kill it! Kill it with fire!!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread