+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reasoning behind Torrent Overload? [Tactician]

Default Reasoning behind Torrent Overload? [Tactician]

So im playing around with solo specs for my rogue. Having trouble finding one that works somewhat close to anything my cleric can do. I go to the new Tact spec and find that the main move, the torrents, apply a stacking debuff on me that increases the cost of preceding torrents.

Whats the reasoning behind this? To my knowledge no other class gets penalized for using their main attack. After pulling so fast I found myself completely energy depleted. Am I supposed to use torrents less and the other attacks more? Thanks in advance for help.

Edit: I understand that Torrent primer takes away the stacks, but i still feel like im being penalized for using the main aspect of the soul.
    Last edited by Suffer; 01-04-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    There is 3 kinds of people in the world: Those who can count and those who can't.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Suffer View Post
    So im playing around with solo specs for my rogue. Having trouble finding one that works somewhat close to anything my cleric can do. I go to the new Tact spec and find that the main move, the torrents, apply a stacking debuff on me that increases the cost of preceding torrents.

Whats the reasoning behind this? To my knowledge no other class gets penalized for using their main attack. After pulling so fast I found myself completely energy depleted. Am I supposed to use torrents less and the other attacks more? Thanks in advance for help.

Edit: I understand that Torrent primer takes away the stacks, but i still feel like im being penalized for using the main aspect of the soul.
    Torrents, even with having to use primer, are pretty OP dude, for sustained AoE DPS there arent many builds (if any) that can even compete with a tact/mm spamming torrents. I mean without the debuff we would just be asking for a nerf
    Last edited by PopeOrGod; 01-05-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Suffer View Post

It is for balance. Torrent Overload is the energy resource mechanic for Tacts. Without it, you would be spamming 12-15K per target AoE damage continuously which would be extremely overpowered. Torrent Overload acts as a balancing mechanic allowing a tact to have very high burst damage but less sustained damage. Everything in Tact is about management and timing: Necrotic Bolt is one of, if not the most powerful attacks in the game(18-20K AoE per target damage on a 1s GCD!) and is AoE but has a CD when used on a target above 30% health to balance it.

+ Reply to Thread