+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Necrotic bolt and Empyrean Ray bugged

Default Necrotic bolt and Empyrean Ray bugged

i know this is bugged by high damage like the bug from Mage Dom/warlock with 10k damage in Mercenary gear. I don't know how this bug is but you get hit with Necrotic Bolt for 6k and then i was finish with 10,101 damage with Empyrean Ray. This bug was shown in Warfronts.

Usually this happens when they are buffing damage output with an outside source. I have seen some 10K + mage crits, 7-8k + nysyr ticks and even a paly hit me for 6.6k crit hammer. I have feeling either there is something bugging out with valor or that this is reason.

I try to relog everytime I do a warfront. Seems to fix a lot of the problems I get. Not saying that this is the problem but maybe there is a one that is effecting valor and bolstering like run speed when you switch roles.

Plane Touched

This is not bugged. That's simply one spec where, without crits, you can apply ~13k damage within GCD every minute. It's even a bit underwhelming since warriors can do that about every 30 seconds =(
    Mitsurugi
    GAME OVER
    CONTENT CLEARED, REGULOS 0%

This isn't a bug.
    ~Quiescent

What you mentioned is not a bug, and your valor is working properly in reducing the amount of damage you're taking.

Those specs are tailored made to deliver burst damage, but are otherwise quite squishy and vulnerable without sufficient heal support.

That, and they have to stand still to channel an attack that you can A) outrange, B) LoS it or C) run around the guy randomly and cause it to fizzle.

It only really really hurts when it crits... and with the ~10% crit chance in pvp gear, I don't really see it as an issue.

Not like we can force crit empyrean ray like clerics can with nysyrs.

If you got crit by one for 10k, that means someone spent 5s building up CP, stood still for 1.5s channeling it at you, and then rolled a crit at a ~10% rate.

But when the stars align and both empyrean ray + necrotic bolt crits, yes, yes it does really really hurt and you would probably die from it... or dip really low.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Quartermaster tank View Post
    i know this is bugged by high damage like the bug from Mage Dom/warlock with 10k damage in Mercenary gear. I don't know how this bug is but you get hit with Necrotic Bolt for 6k and then i was finish with 10,101 damage with Empyrean Ray. This bug was shown in Warfronts.
    Not bugged, working as intended. Necrotic Bolt has a CD unless the target is below 30% health. Empyrean Ray is a high damage cast time finisher and the only way it is going to hit you for 10k is if it crits which is very very rare. Honestly, neither of these abilities are anywhere close to the damage of Nysur's.

But yes, on the literally 1% chance that NB and ER both crit, you are going to die. There is no way to force crit these and in PvP gear, in the spec that uses NB and ER, the rogue will be lucky to have 11% crit chance.

sorry to break it to you but 10k without critical hits, when it did critical hit me. i was surprise on the 21k. its was impressive. i have a level 50 rogue im pretty sure i know what kind of damage. back to my rogue to use this bug while it last or is fix.

Plane Touched

Again, it's not bugged ^^ You use heat retention (30% finisher dmg) as well as your 2 dmg CDs (battle remote - 20%, dmg core - 10%). Even better if you used another finisher before, as that's another 10%.
    Mitsurugi
    GAME OVER

Can say it needs a nerf, but it's not a bug.

It's stacking passives and burning actives to land big hits.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Plane Touched

Nerf Tempest and Nyrsyrs then aswell if you are at it. I mean seriously, we have one spec that deals good burst and no sustained damage and you cry for a nerf? GG´.
    Mitsurugi
    GAME OVER

Yeah, about that.

Might as well post my guide here:

http://forums.doyouevenrift.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=54

I don't think it's bugged. Just hilariously high damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrordar View Post
    Nerf Tempest and Nyrsyrs then aswell if you are at it.
    Okay, that's fine.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I think I'll pass on the nerfing of damage in pvp until the healing related bugs are addressed.

Long games are fine with me, as long as people are dying. But 20 minute matches with 6 total kills from both teams are not.

You already see some of those when both teams have good healers; I do not want more of that waste of time.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Just discovered this firsthand. 13.5k Empyrean Ray crit to the face, wasn't particularly pleasant.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    I think I'll pass on the nerfing of damage in pvp until the healing related bugs are addressed.

Long games are fine with me, as long as people are dying. But 20 minute matches with 6 total kills from both teams are not.

You already see some of those when both teams have good healers; I do not want more of that waste of time.
    Are you referring to level 60 pvp?

If you're referring to 50-54, yeah healing is pretty broken there. At 60 only a couple specs are and even then it's not that hard to kill them if you have any cc at all.

Also, there is never going to be any good excuse for why any class can 2 shot another.

Stop trying to make that excuse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast