+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin Run Speed

Soulwalker

Default Assassin Run Speed

Issue: I'm a level 27 rogue. My main spec is 27 bladedancer, 9 assassin. My offspec is 27 assassin, 9 bladedancer.
    When I'm in my assassin (main) spec, I run roughly 20% faster passively. No buffs, no cooldowns. Noticed a disparity so I took a stopwatch to it to confirm.
    I switch over to my bladedancer spec and I drop back to normal.

Anyone know why, and can anyone confirm?

(I also thought it might be that the Silent Footsteps [30% run speed in stealth] talent was bugged, so I respecced to drop it and still had the same issue).

Moar edit: I just respecced my bladedancer spec (still 27/9, just changed a couple points) and now my assassin offspec speed is normal, but Bladedancer spec runspeed is at the higher +~20% level.

What's going on?
    Last edited by Qumdyin; 01-03-2013 at 12:06 AM.

This is just a new bug at the moment and not at all related to just rogues and/or a specific spec of ours. It happens a lot when changes roles but it occurs as people have said at least when entering instances (Warfronts, Dungeons, etc). Hopefully they will have this fixed whenever their next hotfix roles out.

So in the meantime, one way that should fix it is just to make sure every other role you change to is the one with run speed increase and the role you want to play.

RiftScene.com - The Only RiftNerd Fansite You Need

Soulwalker

I see. So the bug is the run speed increase or is running slower in some specs the bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Qumdyin View Post
    I see. So the bug is the run speed increase or is running slower in some specs the bug?
    Running slower. You can fix this by logging in and out every time you switch a role and enter an instance. In pvp I log in and out then enter warfront in the role I prefer to play but if I do switch in warfront I log in and out in the warfront. Sometimes I get kicked like I left and have to wait 15 mins but most of the time I can log back in and it won't kick me. It won't count you towards the daily if you queued for random daily which sucks but usually thats not such a big problem for me.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-03-2013 at 01:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread