+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fand

Thread: Rogue Tank BiS List?

Default Rogue Tank BiS List?

Any1 have or know of a Storm Legion Rogue Tank BiS list (even if its under construction I might be able to assist)

I have a layout and can put it up in google just need help with the stat weights.

I honestly have no idea what each stat weight is/should be to calculate a BiS list.

Highest armor and endurance wins. Deflect, dodge, and parry aren't even worth considering.

If you just set up an effective health formula to plug the numbers into, you should be able to get it sorted out pretty easily.
    Last edited by Muspel; 01-02-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Musp,

Given your last comment, would you go for the endurance runes on tank weaps then instead of deflect?

Also, sometimes tanking twins (I usually tank Toin) I eat what looks like an unmitigated hit for 25-29k. If my healer lags at all... it hurts. o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    Musp,

Given your last comment, would you go for the endurance runes on tank weaps then instead of deflect?
    Absolutely. No contest.

In high-burst situations (AKA everything), surviving is all about lowering the risk of the worst-case scenario, and the only stats that help with that are endurance, armor, and resists.
    Last edited by Muspel; 01-03-2013 at 08:52 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Highest armor and endurance wins.
    This. No BiS list is needed at all.

I'll add that Deflect >>>> Doge > Parry. So when you're looking at the avoidance stat, you should strongly prefer Deflect, assuming armor and endurance are roughly equal.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 01-03-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    This. No BiS list is needed at all.
    To be fair, BiS lists are helpful to know which items you should focus on. ("Should I roll on the relic token, or is there a better option somewhere else? Should I spring for the epic augment on this crafted item?" Et cetera...)

But just knowing which item is better when comparing them side-by-side is very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    To be fair, BiS lists are helpful to know which items you should focus on. ("Should I roll on the relic token, or is there a better option somewhere else? Should I spring for the epic augment on this crafted item?" Et cetera...)

But just knowing which item is better when comparing them side-by-side is very simple.
    You should always roll on that relic token

"Higher armor and endurance"!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    You should always roll on that relic token

"Higher armor and endurance"!
    Well, I'm assuming there are also relics that aren't upgraded from the raid pieces (like the shoulders off of Ember Conclave). Or did they not do that this time around?

Not as far as I'm aware. The only upgrade pieces so far have been weapons that requires both hearts from Crucia and Regulos.

Which may change when they add hard mode encounters to the raids; but as of now they do not exist... and the only method of acquiring relic upgrade tokens atm are off Crucia and Regulos themselves.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 01-03-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Plane Touched

What do people think would be the list of BiS lesser essences? While endurance>>>deflect>>>dodge/parry is more or less a no-brainer, the only hard choices are between a bit of endurance vs a lot of deflect. In particular I'm torn between 58/59 endurance+deflect essences vs 64/65 endurance + dodge/parry ones.

Soulwalker

As far as the non-armor/end weighting:
    "Deflect >>>> Doge > Parry"

Perhaps I am missing something but...
    if you muliply the DR x ChancePerStat the relative stat ratios for an equivalent DR are as follows:

1.00 Parry = 0.70 Dodge = 0.172 Deflect
    and therefore 1.00 Str = 0.872 Dexteriy

1) Am I calculating this extremely wrong? Should I really be throwing Strength runes on the non-end-rune gear?
    2) Why is the % gain from parry greater than dodge yet people are saying dodge is better to get?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    As far as the non-armor/end weighting:
    "Deflect >>>> Doge > Parry"

Perhaps I am missing something but...
    if you muliply the DR x ChancePerStat the relative stat ratios for an equivalent DR are as follows:

1.00 Parry = 0.70 Dodge = 0.172 Deflect
    and therefore 1.00 Str = 0.872 Dexteriy

1) Am I calculating this extremely wrong? Should I really be throwing Strength runes on the non-end-rune gear?
    2) Why is the % gain from parry greater than dodge yet people are saying dodge is better to get?
    Yes, you are calculating this extremely wrong. Using your numbers:
    1.00 Parry = 0.70 Dodge means 1 dodge = 1/0.7=1.429 parry
    1.00 Parry = 0.172 Deflect means 1 deflect = 1/0.172=5.814 parry
    1 dexterity = 1 dodge+1deflect=(1.429+5.814)parry=7.243parry=7.243 strength (not accounting for resonance)

In other words, 1 unit of dex is as valuable to you as 7.243 units of strength, making strength virtually useless to rogue tanks, compared to alternatives.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the correction... my math was correct I just misinterpreted it...
    Some amount of X DR = .172 Deflect = .70 Dodge = 1.00 Parry
    Therefore deflect would be the most valuable stat than dodge.

+ Reply to Thread