+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: K, I need to beat some war dps ee/ft/todq

Default K, I need to beat some war dps ee/ft/todq

OK, I need to beat some dauym warriors in dps on some of these FT/EE/TODQ fights....

I normally run my special 40-36 hybrid, and when i am allowed, top guild warriors beat me by 2-3k (IE, I am 12-13k ST, they are 13-15k ST). One of them beats me by 100dps...

I know some are running "THAT SPEC", we are not here to discuss that spec, I am here to discuss what can we run to beat them. If you turn this into a crybaby thread, I will so beat the living ... out of you.

I loath to get rid of my 61mm and sabo specs, but, in the interest of peening, I'll do it. But only if there's like one spec to do it in..perhaps Nb or somethinng. I barely run my 61mm spec 2-4x a month. I even PVP in hybrid, and people melt. As much as I like the utility, i just can't see holding onto 61mm much longer.

Presently there are only a handful of fights as a rogue running hybrid I am (or can achieve) top dawg on, gangnum, progenitor are two I frequently beat wars on.

In any case, this is about, what specs we have, if any, will beat wars on *other* fights.

**I tank many of these fights so never get a chance to see how my dps is

Would like to know which fights we can dps wars on, (other then what I've mentioned as I already out dps them), and what spec.

tyvm.
    Last edited by Hodor; 01-02-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    OK, I need to beat some dauym warriors in dps on some of these FT/EE/TODQ fights....

Get your warrior to 60 and main him again.
    Last edited by Kryoz; 01-02-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/716/basically.jpg

Telaran

Actually, there is no rogue spec that can come close to Warrior ST dps (by close i mean less than 1k diff).

On some fight, you can use NB spec, a little more Dps than MM/rng spec (if the fight have some sort of Aoe+ST, this is the only time you will be able to out dps Warrior, like on Kain).
    Exterm@Brisesol <Mea Culpa>

Telaran

Unable to edit :

If you take Gangnum for example, full ST fight : our best wars is at 17,6k Dps, and in NB, i was at 15,0k Dps, hybrid MM/Rng was at 13,7k Dps
    Last edited by Exterm; 01-03-2013 at 12:03 AM.

You should be able to beat the warriors on some fights:
    Crucia - Tact-MM
    Progenitor - MM-Rng
    Kain - NB
    Last edited by Mayi; 01-03-2013 at 06:29 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Oh, didn't see you included the 10 man.

General Typhina - MM-Rng
    Jultharin - MM-Rng
    Cyril - MM-Rng

On the top end with MM-Rng you should be hitting 14k, not 12-13k.
    Last edited by Mayi; 01-03-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Hmm okay, sounds like I'm already ballpark based on the several gear upgrades I still need. I usually tank the 10 man but yeah I remember doing pretty well on some of their fights when I could dps, esp the General. Sounds like I need to pick up NB. Thanks. Just want to be as competitive and push as far as possible. Also, no thanks to war. They may be up now but in a month they'll be down or something dumb will happen to them heh. That's the warrior rollercoaster.
    Last edited by Hodor; 01-03-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    Hmm okay, sounds like I'm already ballpark based on the several gear upgrades I still need. I usually tank the 10 man but yeah I remember doing pretty well on some of their fights when I could dps, esp the General. Sounds like I need to pick up NB. Thanks. Just want to be as competitive and push as far as possible. Also, no thanks to war. They may be up now but in a month they'll be down or something dumb will happen to them heh. That's the warrior rollercoaster.
    I remember when you used to be a warrior!

Back on topic: I wouldn't worry about it too much. Once our bugs get fixed I really doubt we will be that high ST (except for para but it is so situational).
    Kaybye ~

Hey, you leveled!

Hey all, what does more ST DPS... BD, NB, assassin? Still NB?

Wondering if 61 assassin using 5% crit poison for raid buff would be worth it. Or if something else is better.

Just trying to up raid dps while still putting out good dps.

Telaran

In ST, actually NB.

For letal, you have some possibilities, like an hybrid NB/Sin or Sab/Sin that can work !

well 61 NB 10 mm 5 tact and keeping in mind flame blitz will always reapply fiery spike and to spam twilight force instead of primal strike sub 30% I bet you give them a run for their money

assassin is technically the highest dps spec if you account for how much more dps it makes everyone else do, and bladedancer just isnt good enough with disconnects to be good. kind of like Paragon from warriors.

Bottom line, you want to be top dog then you are going to have to suck it up, grow a pair, and start going into melee

EDIT: Mayi why would you use tact-mm ever when NB does more damage with a pasivle cleave that doesnt sacrifice single target damage?
    Last edited by Orangu; 01-04-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    well 61 NB 10 mm 5 tact and keeping in mind flame blitz will always reapply fiery spike and to spam twilight force instead of primal strike sub 30% I bet you give them a run for their money

assassin is technically the highest dps spec if you account for how much more dps it makes everyone else do, and bladedancer just isnt good enough with disconnects to be good. kind of like Paragon from warriors.

Bottom line, you want to be top dog then you are going to have to suck it up, grow a pair, and start going into melee

EDIT: Mayi why would you use tact-mm ever when NB does more damage with a pasivle cleave that doesnt sacrifice single target damage?
    When did NB get a passive cleave?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    When did NB get a passive cleave?
    When you use Flame blitz and have the correct rotation.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post

Tact-MM isn't a bad spec, in encounters where the boss doesn't move around a lot it can be pretty effective. Power Core should be just as much of a dps increase as lethal poison for the raid afterall; 5% crit is about 2.5-3% extra damage for the raid and a 10% damage raid buff up a quarter of the time is 2.5%, with it being a bit more it you pair it with other damage buffs.

It might not be the best spec for the encounter, but you'll definitely parse high with it.

I assume it's not a typo to use twilight force sub 30% instead of blazing strike? I'll have to give that a go and try that out. Never thought of doing that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast