+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS increse w/ 4pc t1 vendor?

Soulwalker

Default DPS increse w/ 4pc t1 vendor?

was just wondering if anyone had a ballpark number for the dps increase using the t1 marksman syn crystal vs not using it.

Soulwalker

I was wondering this myself, as there are two pieces of gear that are better stat-wise I could farm to put in those slots. Well, I have been farming them for weeks with no luck. Just wondering if I should keep trying.

I have not found an otherwise identical piece of non-set gear to do dummy testing, nor do I have the knowledge to model it mathematically.
    Last edited by Alexastaris; 01-02-2013 at 10:27 AM.

General of Telara

Most crystals add 100-200 DPS. The MM crystal is on the slightly higher end of that range.

I remember doing testing on this about a month ago and 4pc dungeon seemed to add 100 base dps. The way I tested this was I took a regular dummy parse without the crystal. Then I added the crystal and did several test shots with swift and empowered to see how much dmg was done. Then I plugged the updated higher #s into the previous parse, and it came out to about 100 dps exactly. Then the next time I was in raid I believe my parses were roughly 250 higher.

I actually need to retest this to see how much DPS I am going to lose once I begin upgrading to raid mark gear. As I have 4pc dungeon now (feet, leg, chest, shoulder). My head and belt are crafted, hands are drops. But I don't have enough raid marks to get 2pc raid, only 1pc currently. So I need to test to see if it will be worth getting 1pc or if I will need to wait for 2pc. I'm thinking I'll just go for the chest raid piece because then I can drop that purple dex ap rune on it. And pick up the feet another time since they are AP and good. I am almost certain that I will take a dps loss if I only do 1pc, the only question, is how much of a DPS loss. Hopefully the better stats and extra AP from that rune offset enough to make the change palateable, or i may be sitting on hundreds of raid marks for a month until I can get 2pc. The other way I could do it is to get the raid shoulders and the boots, cheaper for sure, but I don't get to apply any super uber rune I'm not already applying. The chest tho, I would def drop that purple dex ap rune on it.

+ Reply to Thread