+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Curative Engine bugged?

Telaran

Default Curative Engine bugged?

Hey guys

I've tested out 2 specs quite a lot lately. Both are 40 Bard and 36 Tactician, just with minor tweaks. One focuses on using Curative Engine as a builder/heal and the other uses Invigorated Soul as a builder/heal. I only PvP, so my parsings has been from WF's. But I've parsed over 20 hours in each spec and the outcome is the same.

I'm seeing double to amount of HPS when using Invigorated Soul, which made me wonder, as Curative Engine heals up to 10 AND should heal for more per tick.

I then tried to find out what was happening and it seems like it's the targeting of Curative Engine (I made a clean macro with only Empyrean Bolt and didn't use any other healing abilities, to better see what was happening). Let's say I have several friendly targets on my screen. All but one are at full health. I then use Empyrean Bolt and the target that doesn't have full health, doesn't get any heal, but when looking in my combat log, I see large amounts of overhealing on several other targets (those at full health), but nothing on the only target that doesn't have full health.

The actual amount of healing/overhealing per target hit, seems to be correct. It's just the damn targeting that ruins my HPS with so much.

Before I report this as a bug, I would like to ask if anyone else have witnessed this or can give me an explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricon View Post
    Let's say I have several friendly targets on my screen. All but one are at full health. I then use Empyrean Bolt and the target that doesn't have full health, doesn't get any heal, but when looking in my combat log, I see large amounts of overhealing on several other targets
    That's because it doesn't seem to be using smart-healing. I haven't played enough with it to test, but it sounds like thats the case.
    AFK.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Haipaa View Post
    That's because it doesn't seem to be using smart-healing. I haven't played enough with it to test, but it sounds like thats the case.
    I was thinking the same. But just wanted a little more feedback from others before I report it. But thanks for the reply

RIFT Guide Writer

Try using Restorative Engine instead.

Telaran

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Try using Restorative Engine instead.
    I little "typo". I am talking about Restorative Engine. Hence the overhealing on other targets. Where Curative Engine only heals yourself

there is either something off with your point allocation or your method of use, what you should be seeing is not only 10 people being healed instead of 5, but you should be seeing anywhere from 2-4 times the healing using resto engine and alternating 5cp finishers between codas and curative blast, don't forget to curative remote and curative core. while the dps portion of the rotation may be lucky to see 2-2.5k dps, it will easily reach 12-14k hps, where you the only healer and the people in your raid needed the heals. in the pvp area the avg healing may be in the 4k-8k range for hps. (don't forget.. if pvp healing, this spec requires enemy contact, if you would rather keep healing who ever is carrying the item which may or may not cause damage over a period of time, try a pure healer using 58tact and the rest in bard. This will let you heal higher without enemy contact, but you lose motifs/resonance, if that matters in pvp for you or not idk.)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    there is either something off with your point allocation or your method of use, what you should be seeing is not only 10 people being healed instead of 5, but you should be seeing anywhere from 2-4 times the healing using resto engine and alternating 5cp finishers between codas and curative blast, don't forget to curative remote and curative core. while the dps portion of the rotation may be lucky to see 2-2.5k dps, it will easily reach 12-14k hps, where you the only healer and the people in your raid needed the heals. in the pvp area the avg healing may be in the 4k-8k range for hps. (don't forget.. if pvp healing, this spec requires enemy contact, if you would rather keep healing who ever is carrying the item which may or may not cause damage over a period of time, try a pure healer using 58tact and the rest in bard. This will let you heal higher without enemy contact, but you lose motifs/resonance, if that matters in pvp for you or not idk.)
    The spec and my rotation is just fine. I get Reverberation on 5 stacks at first and then keep them there, all 3 motifs active with Coda of Restoration and Primer Amplification active with Curative Blast (proccing it with 1 CP Curative Blast, as that seems to give me the highest HPS).

My problem isn't the rotations or the spec or that I'm doing something wrong per se. Restorative Engine just have some strange targeting for me. Either we are talking, none excisting smart target healing or some range issue bug. With a raid of 15 people in a WF, all more or less within range. I find it strange that I get overhealing on 10+ people at full health and nothing on those with not full health, standing just in front of me. Something is wrong here.

Telaran

The first comment is probably that WF parsing is not going to give you any sort of consistent results ever. The split between healing and overhealing will be driven largely by how much damage your team is taking at any given moment which will bounce all over the place.

Given you have said the healing amount looks right and it is only the targeting that is off, have you checked whether the target with low HP was actually in range (can't remember off the top of my head if the heal centres on you or the target of the bolt, which may affect things), and also checked whether there were any debuffs etc. which might affect healing or reduce max hp (which would make their health bar look partly empty), given that in a WF there will be all sorts of spells flying around?

If you want to be really thorough you can always gather a full raid group of helpful guildmates in a spare moment, get half of them below max hp, and then see if you heal the right half when they are all stacked next to you.
    Last edited by Altyrann; 01-02-2013 at 01:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread