+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 61MM vs MM/Rngr Hybrid?

Default 61MM vs MM/Rngr Hybrid?

Just recently hit 60 on my Rogue and wondering how much of a dps differnce there is between the two builds?

(61 MM) vs (40/36)
    SOUL FORGED 4/4 TotDQ - 4/4 FT - 4/5 EE www.soul-forged.com
    Blytz - Rogue
    Vyo - Mage
    Dyzmal - Cleric

Rift Disciple

It's a fairly significant difference. I'd been a 61mm holdout until this yesterday when I decided to try it out. If you are really good with your CDs, you can maybe catch/equal a bad hybrid at 61. You just need to be adequate as a hybrid to pull 500-1k more DPS than a 61mm easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshalla View Post
    It's a fairly significant difference. I'd been a 61mm holdout until this yesterday when I decided to try it out. If you are really good with your CDs, you can maybe catch/equal a bad hybrid at 61. You just need to be adequate as a hybrid to pull 500-1k more DPS than a 61mm easily.
    This. The spec is incredibly easy. If you don't particularly wish to look @ your action bar for your CDs, grab Karuul Alert or NKRebuff.
    Part of Trinity. "Come for Trunks, stay for Trunks."

The big concern for me is the loss of purge in the hybrid build. For raiders that are using the hybrid build, what do you do about purges? Do you have the hybrid and 61MM build or are you relying on other classes to deal with purges in raids?

Rift Disciple

At the moment I have both the hybrid and the 61mm for the purge. I was amazed at what the hybrid and karuulalert (which I'd never used before) did for my dps parse. A solid 1200 points higher. FWIW, I took close quarters combat and hasten call in the hybrid, and have been glad to have them in Experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaruck View Post
    The big concern for me is the loss of purge in the hybrid build. For raiders that are using the hybrid build, what do you do about purges? Do you have the hybrid and 61MM build or are you relying on other classes to deal with purges in raids?
    Cerics purge. Eradicate isn't end-all and clerics dont need to gimp their spec to purge
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

Rift Disciple

I carry the 51MM/20sin/5NB build, primarily for the crit poison but it works for purging too. 61 MM is pretty usless imo, it does about the same damage as this build but doesnt carry the utility of the poison which boosts everyone else's dps and both of these builds get beat by the 40/36 but that means you must rely on clerics to purge

P.S the main reason i carry this build for crit poison instead of a melee build is i have a raid tier ranged weapon vs blue expert MH/OH's lol but this build is also excellent for purging the first boss in EE
    Last edited by PopeOrGod; 01-01-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Soulwalker

Default It depends really....

My answer to the OP might be different than some others. I think the answer depends on a few factors. Are you looking for a raiding spec (for max ST DPS) or a 5 man spec? What is your gear level (stack AP to start and dont worry about CP for experts)? Also and very importantly is how well you know the fights and have an ability to manage your pet. If your pet dies it will be a DPS loss and probably put you below the 61 (or other mostly) MM builds. To get comfortable with the new experts I would suggest having both and trying them out. But if you are asking for the top DPS for raiding its clearly the 40/36 as it scales much better in raids.

Rift Disciple

Even if your pet dies the DPS is almost the same as 61MM ~ 300 under at my gear levels.

+ Reply to Thread