+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muspel

Thread: Assassin as main spec questions

Default Assassin as main spec questions

So im recently back from over a year off from this game. but i have always and still really love Assassin as my main spec, but im worried that its still not viable as a dps spec in dungeons and Raids. Right now im level 52 and with quest reward gear im around 2k dps.
    Does anybody have experience at level 60 with assassin as the main spec? Im talking full 61 points in to assassin and then do what you need to or want with the other two tallent trees.

Thanks!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Otiveht View Post
    So im recently back from over a year off from this game. but i have always and still really love Assassin as my main spec, but im worried that its still not viable as a dps spec in dungeons and Raids. Right now im level 52 and with quest reward gear im around 2k dps.
    Does anybody have experience at level 60 with assassin as the main spec? Im talking full 61 points in to assassin and then do what you need to or want with the other two tallent trees.

Thanks!
    Im pretty sure (not positive) its second best melee dps

I don't use it so I can't give you much, but if I did use assassin I'd probably put the other 15 points into MM.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Im pretty sure (not positive) its second best melee dps
    Well that's encouraging to hear.

First off, the idea of playing one soul as a main spec doesn't really work in Rift, particularly not when you're talking about a soul that as narrowly focused as Assassin. The whole point of having six role slots is that some souls are great for some situations and awful for others, and you should be versatile.

Assassin, for instance, has no AoE and no ranged attacks, which means its at a severe disadvantage on a lot of encounters. To balance that out, it does higher single-target DPS than the ranged souls (and possibly some of the other melee souls, but I haven't done the testing to compare them).

It's fine if you want to use assassin, but use the other souls, too. A little variety goes a long way towards keeping the game interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    First off, the idea of playing one soul as a main spec doesn't really work in Rift, particularly not when you're talking about a soul that as narrowly focused as Assassin. The whole point of having six role slots is that some souls are great for some situations and awful for others, and you should be versatile.

Assassin, for instance, has no AoE and no ranged attacks, which means its at a severe disadvantage on a lot of encounters. To balance that out, it does higher single-target DPS than the ranged souls (and possibly some of the other melee souls, but I haven't done the testing to compare them).

It's fine if you want to use assassin, but use the other souls, too. A little variety goes a long way towards keeping the game interesting.

You are absolutely correct and i will be finding a ranged spec that i enjoy, an aoe spec that i enjoy, and im sure a Support spec that i enjoy for all those situations you just mentioned.

+ Reply to Thread