+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stat Change Questions

Rift Chaser

Default Stat Change Questions

Ok I came back like a week ago I notice that the crit #'s are different which means they changed the stat contribution. I been searching and not found anything on it yet I am sure it is buried somewhere on the forums. Can anyone give me the new break downs.

What is the stat priority

Thank you

1 dex = .75ap and .5 crit
    1 str = .25 ap and .5 crit
    126 crit = 1% crit chance
    28 crit power = 1%

Stat priority: dex > str and ap > crit power, but since you get more crit power on an item then ap which item will be better depends on which build you play. Any item with +crit on it will almost always be bad (i.e. a blue with high ap is more dps then a purple with high +crit).
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-24-2012 at 05:50 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Rift Chaser

Thank You for the information

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    1 dex = .75ap and .5 crit
    Any item with +crit on it will almost always be bad (i.e. a blue with high ap is more dps then a purple with high +crit).
    Note, this is for stat stick purposes only. Weapon DPS trumps for just about everything. A purple 260 DPS bow with +crit will be better than a 240 DPS bow with +AP.

That's actually a question, outside of bard healing which is solely based on AP, is there anything else that weapon DPS is not the key stat for?

Based off of my limited testing, 1 weapon damage is functionally identical to 5 AP.

This will change if you have talents that provide a percent-based boost to AP or weapon damage. Also, some things (mostly healing effects like Boosted Recovery or Invigorated Soul) only scale off of AP.
    Last edited by Muspel; 12-25-2012 at 06:04 PM.

I wonder if it would be possible to reverse engineer the way damaging abilities work in their entirety. You could use that information to calculate the best way to spend soul points. Really the only thing missing is how the % increases to damaging attacks work. I believe the %damage increases multiply total damage additively and proc'd attacks are in a separate stacking group (which includes raid debuffs & buffs) but I'm not sure.

With purple raid ranged weapon is 290 weapon dps, so with the 5NB talent giving 10% ap & weapon dps you could calculate it's total contribution. Figure out how damage % attacks work and it might be possible to figure out mathematically what the best soul distribution would be.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-25-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread