+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue loot drop rate

Default Rogue loot drop rate

I've been extremely unlucky when it's come to expert drops, so I thought I'd open this up to the rest of the rogue community to see if they've done any better.
    When I first started running experts, the majority of drops would be blue cleric items. I'd say that for the first couple of weeks 90% of items were blue cleric drops. Someone also posted a thread about this in general chat. I'm not sure if this was bad luck or if there was a higher chance of blue cleric items dropping.
    After a hot fix the drops seemed a little more balanced and now there seem to be drops for all classes but Rogues. I've seen four blue rogue items drop and one purple. This is from having run experts for the past 5 weeks.
    On the other hand though, whenever I've run the 10 man, most bosses have dropped rogue loot.
    Am I extremely unlucky with RNG in experts? Or have others found rogue drops to be scarce in comparison to other classes?
    Last edited by Carabas; 12-21-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Rift Master

Honestly, I don't think any one person has enough information to make a truely informed opinion about this. Need the compilation of a whole server's drop rates to find out.

That said, I will say before the last hotfix, 80% of my random experts were done in Archive of Flesh, and 80% of the drops there were for clerics.
    Mathematically, using the loot table (http://benstepp.com/rift/), going only by primary stat, you end up with the following drop rates in Archive: Clerics x 11, Warriors x 11, Rogues x 9, and Mages x5 (Plus a melee damage trinket). That one in particular seems to favour Clerics and warriors.

Still need to pull the compilation up for the other dungeons. Might also get adventurous and separate out tank vs. other gear.

Honestly...i hate to be "that guy" but i got 3 toughness drops within 2 random dungeon runs that i needed while queueing as a tank. I only needed 2 as i had spent my infinity stones ive been hording, so it was actually overkill. Of course, this doesnt happen everytime to everyone, but i found it odd that literally the first 2 dungeons i enter as tank drop 3 items with toughness to make me very near expert ready to tank.

Plane Touched

Almost always see cleric drops here as well.

Plane Touched

This ID, we had mostly Rogue loot in FT and EE. Only a single Mage drop, and like 2-3 Chain and Plate drops. The ID before it was almost balanced though...
    Still, of 3 guns that could drop 3 dropped, one even a second time. Also, 3 Rogue Daggers from Crucia so far ;)
    Mitsurugi
    GAME OVER
    CONTENT CLEARED, REGULOS 0%

We've had so few rogue raid drops that each rogue in guild only has 1 drop, and that's after weeks of clearing all the zones (except Crucia and EE opened later, in EE we're only up to the 3rd boss).
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-27-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

I've every single piece of purple rogue piece from the dungeons; though I've probably ran several hundred more of them than your average joe. They do drop, eventually.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Shadowlander

Just one of those things. Luck. I ran Unhallowed 43 times before I got the ranged tank weapon, yet in only 2 runs of SBP I got the 1H tank. Swings and roundabouts.
    http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/Alexking80/sig.jpg
    :: Rift Officer - United Kingdoms ::
    :: Rift Recruitment :: UK Home :: UK Forums ::

Rift Disciple

i was really lucky and got a almost a full set of purple armour in the first week of running dungeons.

As far as weapons go i have not had the same luck. ended up getting the gun from Golem foundry after doing 30+ runs.

i have been running Exodus of the storm queen between 1 and 10 times a day for the last 6 weeks and still havent seen the rogue DPS dagger drop. We have only had this item drop 1 out of every guild run we have done through this dungeon and it got given to a warrior as there was no rogue in the group.

in the end RNG is RNG.

You will get the gear eventually, if you want to tank run Tower of the shattered alot of toughness gear drops there.

+ Reply to Thread