+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 61 NB rotation !

Default 61 NB rotation !

After SL no one posted anything about NB in raids aspect , would someone care about sharing their start up rotation and how they mange Dusk Strike stacks etc also

#show dusk to dawn
    cast dusk to dawn
    cast primal strike
    cast fiery chains
    cast empyrean bolt

Finisher 1
    #show flame blitz
    cast flame blitz
    cast flame thrust

Finisher 2
    #show Scourge of Darkness
    cast dark descent
    cast scourge of darkness
    cast flame blitz

#show ebon fury
    cast ebon fury
    cast dusk strike
    cast twilight force

AoE
    #show living flame
    cast living flame
    cast fiery chains
    cast weapon flare

On the dummy:
    Fiery spike - flame blitz - fiery spike - fiery spike - dusk strike - Finisher 2 X3
    Spam dusk strike until out of energy - hit ebon fury - spam ebon fury macro and using finishers
    Use 1 dusk strike per finisher

In game:
    I open with fiery spikes while running in and finisher 1 when I'm in melee range
    I dump my energy with dusk strikes but don't hit ebon fury until flaring power and all the raid % buffs are up
    I don't use 1 dusk per finisher at all, instead I manage my energy so I'm 100% energy at 30%.
    I don't ebon fury on cooldown, and instead wait until 30% to pop it a 2nd time (unless there's time for 3)
    When 30% hits (since I don't use dusk strike at al sub 50-60% I should be near full energy) I'll switch to 1 dusk strike per finisher, so: Macro - Dusk strike - macro to 5 - Finisher. Then when I'm out of energy - ebon fury - dusk strike spam. Stop dusk strike spam as soon as ebon fury is over, then 1 dusk strike per finisher again.
    One dusk strike per finisher is only more dps if you have enough energy that you're not losing a GCD. Once your energy is low don't use dusk strike until you have a bit of energy.

Hope that helps. We don't usually use a 61 bard so energy management is important as NB, it sorta of sucks having no VoJ.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-21-2012 at 05:13 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Doh, forgot the build and buffs:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...aGFaFl4/Ah0/T8

Ebon Blades
    Smouldering Blades
    Curative Engine

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    One dusk strike per finisher is only more dps if you have enough energy that you're not losing a GCD. Once your energy is low don't use dusk strike until you have a bit of energy.
    Just to clarify, one dusk strike per finisher is only more dps if you have enough energy that you aren't SLOWING DOWN YOUR RATE OF ATTACKS, or waiting for energy to use an attack

They should quadruple the time you have to edit posts, I mean seriously. There are multiple double/triple posts and threads about rouges to prove I'm right.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-21-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Mayi why don't you try this with Dusk Strike...

Let emptiness drop.

I know it sounds counter intuitive but I find it a dps boost to spam dusk strike to 4-5 stacks then let it completely drop off. Then spam again to 4-5 stacks. Before I cast ebon fury I make sure I have 5 stacks.

This of course is just the baseline with out fervor/clover. You adjust as needed with energy in a raid but I find operating like this is a dps gain. I think Terror found the same.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Mayi why don't you try this with Dusk Strike...

Let emptiness drop.

I know it sounds counter intuitive but I find it a dps boost to spam dusk strike to 4-5 stacks then let it completely drop off. Then spam again to 4-5 stacks. Before I cast ebon fury I make sure I have 5 stacks.

This of course is just the baseline with out fervor/clover. You adjust as needed with energy in a raid but I find operating like this is a dps gain. I think Terror found the same.
    I'll try that out, it's probably part of what I experienced when you try to force a dusk strike in when you're low on energy. Your rate of attacks slow down which kills your dps, best way to tell if this is happening is to look at the proc rate. Procs go off on a % based off using abilities only so if you're procing stuff less I attribute it to starvation slowing down your rate of attacks.

Someone should start a NB thread really (not it). Having everyone's tweaks in one thread is best so it can be discussed and tested which really helps min-max the soul. NB is also pretty awesome on the 2nd boss in EE and everyone should have it.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-21-2012 at 06:04 AM.

One more thing, has anyone tried a build like this?

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...il9lah0/ykw4/T

or

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...BiliG8/yh4B0/T

Some NB hybrid with 20 sin for lethal poison. NB might be the best way to apply lethal in raids.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-21-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Mayi you know I have championed NB since Beta but tbh I have officially put it to bed. The recent changes have resulted in the following as far as my testing. BD>Sin>NB for ST. The difference between BD and NB is so high than even on a melee fight with disconnects I think BD will stay ahead, hell if it wasn't for lethal I would not even have a Sin build on my toon. I am zet up like this now.

61 Sin
    61 BD
    Tacman
    Stratobard (variant)
    Solo build
    61 MM

61 MM may well get changed back to your MM/Sin build because I did not see much ST dps difference between the two to keep lethal at range but unless they change BD I see no reason number wise to run NB atm. Tbh I think the fix to B&SP was more than enough for BD because what was basically the top melee build already for rogues got pushed even further ahead.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Hum... I'd check again. Use Flame Blitz as a finisher instead of Blazing Strike. There's a bug where abilities that spread dots to additional targets multiply the damage of the dot on the original target by how many mobs it's supposed to spread to. I'm not sure if that's what the bug is exactly, but either way using flame blitz instead of blazing strike makes fiery spike's damage shoot up.

In addition, on the 2nd boss in EE the bloodfiends take 90% less damage from aoe. Since flame blitz is spreading a ST ability to multiple mobs it's immune to the aoe damage reduction. I hit 19k in P2 on that boss by staying on the boss and just spreading fiery spikes. I think I was #3 in damage on the adds.

Just make sure you don't use flame blitz in the first phase, you don't want to be killing the other adds. The soft enrage applies to P2 only though, so doing poor dps in P1 isn't an issue.

The funny thing is, despite the fiery spike bug with flame blitz using flame blitz puts NB in a competitive spot but nothing OP. You'll parse the same as warriors in melee using 51RB-23champ-2para or whatever they use that has the good ST dps and aoe in one build, and it's similar in that you have fairly good dps from range. I hope they leave the bug in, from what I've seen NB with the bug is our only competitive melee spec at all.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-21-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Oh I know about the bug I just refuse to make a build that I bet is going to get crushed by a patch in the next hot fix or two. Now if they chose to leve the bug in as a poor mans way of keeping rogues competitive I'll swap back but my OCD will be insane over the sloppy coding.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Oh I know about the bug I just refuse to make a build that I bet is going to get crushed by a patch in the next hot fix or two. Now if they chose to leve the bug in as a poor mans way of keeping rogues competitive I'll swap back but my OCD will be insane over the sloppy coding.
    It would probably be best to fix the problem but use the bug as part of the solution.

Blazing strikes now increases fiery spike's damage by % (whatever it is now) and flame blitz no longer gets the benefit. Best of both worlds where melee rogue stays OK but we aren't using an aoe finisher ST.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    It would probably be best to fix the problem but use the bug as part of the solution.

Blazing strikes now increases fiery spike's damage by % (whatever it is now) and flame blitz no longer gets the benefit. Best of both worlds where melee rogue stays OK but we aren't using an aoe finisher ST.
    That would be cool, but they would need to make sure Fiery Spike does next to no damage in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    That would be cool, but they would need to make sure Fiery Spike does next to no damage in PvP
    Why? If it is the only thing making a build competitive with warriors...unless of course your point is the ensure warriors do more dps....

Just curious, but what does that even parse at now?

Would be nice to find a competitive melee build for Experts/raids.

Currently stuck in MM and Rng/MM hybrid mode for top dps numbers. =/
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

On a melee friendly fight neither of those builds should be beating the good melee rogue builds. Even NB without the bug should be ahead of MM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast