+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Raid dps low?

Telaran

Default Rogue Raid dps low?

Just observations from my own guild and one or two other guilds ive spoken to.

Given roughly the same equipment and Pa Ranged *mostly epic expert/epic world vender equipment* rogues are doing 10-11k dps ST.
    Ranged Warriors are doing 11-13k dps.

Melee rogues are doing 10-11k dps
    Warriors are doing 13k-15k dps

I realize this is a really small sample size but im posting to try to see what others are seeing in their raids.
    Seems to me that our melee dps isnt even close to what it should be. Id be interested in any parse logs that are posted online that shows completely different numbers.

Which melee spec are you using? And which boss are we talking about?

Telaran

10 man bosses for the most part and 1st boss in Frozen Tempest.
    As for rogue melee spec 61Sin variants. Not seen any of the NB or BD yet.

Just my experience in SL with my 60 Rogue, but ranged seems to be where its at. A lot of 61 MM builds and MM/Rng hybrids are toping the Rogue dmg charts.

Haven't come across a erally solid sustained melee Rogue dps that would be better to have then the current Warrior builds.

The problem with raiding is that you need the best spec for your class for that patch. Right now the Rogues ranged dps, mobility and survivability is best at ranged all around. For a melee spec to be considered "better" we would need to see something 2k+ more dps for melee just to justify it.

Otherwise why not just keep the Warriors melee and the Rogues ranged?

This is also why I went back to tanking almost full time lol. I love melee more then anything but the RNG from patch to patch drives me batty.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

My guild's top ST dps (for the most part) is a rogue.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E715...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Hulmaster; 12-21-2012 at 04:25 PM.

I ran 61BD last night in Frozen Tempest, and beat the snot out of all of the ranged by a fair margin. The Fated Blades buff really pumped up our damage output.

From my experience between 40-36 for ranged (top ranged dps spec in game), 61nb (melee dps around the same as warrior RB), tact-mm (great ST in an aoe build) and bard (best support in game) I'd say we're OK atm. RS tanking is also good. There's nothing really to complain about as a rogue.

Once fixes go in and whatnot, it might be a different story so we'll see. Our pure 61 point builds for the most part are way behind the curve. I also spent 90% of my time in alpha testing for melee hybrids and couldn't find anything decent.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-21-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bladehawk View Post
    Rogues are doing 10-11k dps ST.
    Ranged Warriors are doing 11-13k dps.

Melee rogues are doing 10-11k dps
    Warriors are doing 13k-15k dps
    About this specifically:
    Ranged I do about 14k, melee I do about 15k. Our top ranged warrior does about 13k and is about the same as me in melee. Numbers are subject to how many switches and stuff there are too.

People would really like for class to be the defining thing for your dps but I've found gear is still the biggest issue. I have Torvan, Lycini and Survivors maxed so have their runes and lessers. For gear I'm BiS outside of raids, my only raid drop is a ring with crit power. Anyways, gear matters... some people see purple and grab it thinking it's a dps increase or make bad gear decisions and then complain it's the class' fault when it's their own, either that or their gear is subpar and are comparing themselves to someone who has better gear.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-21-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Plane Touched

Oh yea, talking about BD, the BASP bug not giving 50% crit power was fixed right? Gotta go try that one out =) Also WTB parse boss (not counting Goloch since you probably have to purge that one =/ If a Dev reads this: reduce purge Stacks to decrease the need of MMs ^^ ).
    Mitsurugi
    GAME OVER
    CONTENT CLEARED, REGULOS 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Terrordar View Post
    Oh yea, talking about BD, the BASP bug not giving 50% crit power was fixed right? Gotta go try that one out =) Also WTB parse boss (not counting Goloch since you probably have to purge that one =/ If a Dev reads this: reduce purge Stacks to decrease the need of MMs ^^ ).
    Yeah, it's fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Yeah, it's fixed.
    And now between the NB bug (if you use it) and the BD buff, the Sin who can only do ST dps is behind the two melee builds with AE. Makes my teeth ache
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    People would really like for class to be the defining thing for your dps but I've found gear is still the biggest issue. I have Torvan, Lycini and Survivors maxed so have their runes and lessers. For gear I'm BiS outside of raids, my only raid drop is a ring with crit power. Anyways, gear matters... some people see purple and grab it thinking it's a dps increase or make bad gear decisions and then complain it's the class' fault when it's their own, either that or their gear is subpar and are comparing themselves to someone who has better gear.
    ^ This.

Spec and class knowledge matters, but so do actual stats on your gear. Some specs produce better numbers with stacking AP, some benefits more from crit power. Knowing your class is a little more involved than grabbing the fotm spec off the forums.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread