+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a great rogue spec for aoe grinding

Telaran

Default Looking for a great rogue spec for aoe grinding

maybe you have one,, please link it if so..

thanks!
    Hey look, I'm a marksman

A Tactician spec i've played around with, works quite well. Kills fast.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...5ikkGA/t9kOcGi

Nightblade is fun as well, this spec has pretty decent survivability as well as damage, good ST dmg too for soloing stuff.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...ikah0/t9W4lkxw

Neither are perfect of course, but they're a good start when you're looking for an AoE grinding spec.

(I haven't played with saboteur but i've seen a few running around and doing some serious winning.)
    PO-TA-TOES!

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ling-spec.html

Ive been using this with great success since i was stuck in a rut at 51. Lots of discussion and input on how to make it work for your playstyle as well. This is, at the very least, worth testing to see if you like it.

dbe
    General of Telara

There's not a lot of aoe to grind out there

Rift Disciple

No there is not alot of aoe gring spots, but there are some good spots for skining.

I have been running RS(33)/nb(31)/tack(8) if memory serves, runs alot like the old quesenart build.

I put 200 dense hide in my bags in short order, pulling non-stop short of respawn.

Soulwalker

Try "The Martian" build.

I'm personally a fan of 36 RS, 36 Assassin, 4 Tac. Because it pulls many duties; light tanking when you need to pop guardian phase and move aggro around, stealth and slip away for conquest when tagging or trying to catch up with your group, running through steppes to get to the bosses that are in the middle of nowhere and you don't want to fight stuff and just want to stealth or slip away if needed, 15-17k AOE DPS while doing 1-1.2k HPS and not needing cooldowns to stay alive. 36 RS gets you an aoe finisher since assassin is ST. It's pretty much the perfect swiss army knife for me.
    Last edited by Hodor; 12-29-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Telaran

I leveled up and still grind using 37 tact/26 RS/12 bard. Plays like old bloodstalker but with torrent swapping. I have been able to make 8+ pulls and aoe them all down pretty fast.

The only bad thing with tact is that I tend to overpull and then have to chain dance curative blast, coda of resto anad other healy things, but otherwise, Tact is the way to go for our current aoe grinding.

You could, of course, alwaays go back to sabo too, but it has very little self healing.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

It just so happens that I have recently published a writeup on the best solo spec: Devastating Untarnished Nobility. Read about it on my blog.

Fear the grind no longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    The only bad thing with tact is that I tend to overpull and then have to chain dance curative blast, coda of resto anad other healy things, but otherwise, Tact is the way to go for our current aoe grinding.

You could, of course, alwaays go back to sabo too, but it has very little self healing.
    yeah, be cautious with torrents.. they flare out going the full 30m, very easy to pull stuff you didn't plan to with that, thankfully, most of sl areas are soo sparse and spread out it isn't too much of an issue as long as you are aware.

and lol.. silly 61 point tact builds with long winded names from poorly written kung fu theatre flicks.. only somebody wanting to be a raid heal would go deep tact, and only to 58 points at the most., no.. this spec would take too long to get things done with when out there trying to solo aoe grind stuff. for the same reason you could go full bard, you may not die, but you would take forever downing stuff., imo.. for ranged aoe grnding try something like 40 or so in tact, and spend the rest for either dps, self healing, or mitigation depending on what you feel week in. I run my raid dps tact spec for everything when solo questing (41tact/45mm) just fine.

61 tact.... hahaha, absurd.

I have yet to find a use for 61 point tact build, 58 points makes you a healing boss though.

I prefer the NB/RS/4 tact builds (with stalker phase not guard, I don't have all day to kill stuffs) enough AE to kill any amount of adds, tons of self healing and cooldowns that I would pretty much have to try to die, or afk during a fight. Mostly I just use the PVP version though, not as much for AE but enough ST that it makes up for it and staggers kills to keep boosted recovery ticking.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    and lol.. silly 61 point tact builds with long winded names from poorly written kung fu theatre flicks.. only somebody wanting to be a raid heal would go deep tact, and only to 58 points at the most., no.. this spec would take too long to get things done with when out there trying to solo aoe grind stuff. for the same reason you could go full bard, you may not die, but you would take forever downing stuff., imo.. for ranged aoe grnding try something like 40 or so in tact, and spend the rest for either dps, self healing, or mitigation depending on what you feel week in. I run my raid dps tact spec for everything when solo questing (41tact/45mm) just fine.

61 tact.... hahaha, absurd.
    Everyone on the forums knows what your opinion is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    I have yet to find a use for 61 point tact build, 58 points makes you a healing boss though.

I prefer the NB/RS/4 tact builds (with stalker phase not guard, I don't have all day to kill stuffs) enough AE to kill any amount of adds, tons of self healing and cooldowns that I would pretty much have to try to die, or afk during a fight. Mostly I just use the PVP version though, not as much for AE but enough ST that it makes up for it and staggers kills to keep boosted recovery ticking.
    Ablative Coil is probably the single best ability from any class in Conquest. Nothing else to do with the points anyway. 61 Tact is a boss.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 12-31-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    I'm personally a fan of 36 RS, 36 Assassin, 4 Tac. Because it pulls many duties; light tanking when you need to pop guardian phase and move aggro around, stealth and slip away for conquest when tagging or trying to catch up with your group, running through steppes to get to the bosses that are in the middle of nowhere and you don't want to fight stuff and just want to stealth or slip away if needed, 15-17k AOE DPS while doing 1-1.2k HPS and not needing cooldowns to stay alive. 36 RS gets you an aoe finisher since assassin is ST. It's pretty much the perfect swiss army knife for me.
    Which would be this spec: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...lo-spec-2.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast