+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MM pays

Default MM pays

Marksman: Strafe: The immunity to Snare/Root/Stun no longer applies in Warfronts and Conquest. * Marksman: Sniper Training: Reduced the damage bonus to 2-10% in PvP combat.
    Just great.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

What I do not get is this. They said they were concerned about BURST damage. Okay I get theat. BUT it looks like more than a couple of the changes effect sustained damage. Color me confused.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Sniper training is the talent that increases the damage of cast time and channeled abilities. So this will effect deadeye shot, strafe, empowered shot, splinter shot, shadow fire and torrents.

The reduction is from 3-15% to 2-10%, so not very harsh. I think it's more to throw a bone at whiners who think MM is OP in pvp (bads). It's like the BD nerf, who plays bladedancer in pvp? Looks like something's being done but they can nerf BD to high hell for all I care, never play it.

The nerfs in RS looks significant though, that's where the real nerfs are.

Looks like there will be more bards, that's for sure.

Assassin nerfs will make assassin almost unplayable. What made assassin competitive was paralysing strike - thread of death - jagged - impale, then try to burst people down. It's still a build that's easy to kite and with some of it's punch taken away I'm sure it will become useless again.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-19-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Is there even a point in playing a rogue in pvp anymore? It seems the only thing we're really good for now would be cannon fodder, or if you're playing a sab rogue then maybe you could throw a bunch of bombs and hope it kills someone if the healer is asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Sniper training is the talent that increases the damage of cast time and channeled abilities. So this will effect deadeye shot, strafe, empowered shot, splinter shot, shadow fire and torrents.

The reduction is from 3-15% to 2-10%, so not very harsh. I think it's more to throw a bone at whiners who think MM is OP in pvp (bads). It's like the BD nerf, who plays bladedancer in pvp? Looks like something's being done but they can nerf BD to high hell for all I care, never play it.

The nerfs in RS looks significant though, that's where the real nerfs are.

Looks like there will be more bards, that's for sure.

Assassin nerfs will make assassin almost unplayable. What made assassin competitive was paralysing strike - thread of death - jagged - impale, then try to burst people down. It's still a build that's easy to kite and with some of it's punch taken away I'm sure it will become useless again.
    It has been a very long time since Sin was unplayable. Honestly I doubt many of you were around to see what "unplayable" really means. I don't mean you in particular but its just a statement.

Setting aside the Hyperbole about it being over, and MM payed and omg RS/NB is doomed. Try this build as an alternative to the gimpy NB hybrids and fail shallow RS specs. 61sin/11mm(for hasty departure and increased fire power)/4RS or 4 Tact (depending on your tastes the healing engine is very nice for 1v1s and the magic damage increase is no loss when in 61sin). This build will not get kited, build swift shot into your builder macro, and Hasted shot into your finisher. The speed you get from this build removes the need to have a snare, and makes you very hard to shake loose. With deep sin you can close gap every 8seconds, wear three poisons, lots of tools, ranged abilities that hit hard enough to kill people at max range. This really cant go wrong. And if it does Slip Away and reset. Don't expect to be able to kill four people before you get slammed. Do what sin was intended to do and go for the casters behind the lines. Stop tryin to farm the front lines, or be a dps hero. Be a rogue. Ninja flags, gank runners, steal stones. And for the love of god stop crutching on overtuned damage.

This has been a public service announcement, paid for by Anathemus.

The more you know.

I'll have to play with stuff after the changes, but I think our go to specs will be:

- Bard-Tact (40 bard-36tact)
    - 61MM
    - Tact-MM
    - 61 Tact (not quite as good as the other two, but I like curative torrent in conquest in bottlenecks. Heal during the initial push, then switch to dps once you've started overwhelming the other group)

Other builds I'm not sure of, I prefer glass cannon or healing builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Anathemus View Post
    It has been a very long time since Sin was unplayable. Honestly I doubt many of you were around to see what "unplayable" really means.
    I've been playing since beta, I think the current 61 sin is in a worse state then back in 1.4 when I played it all the time. Back then everyone said it was unplayable, but I always did well with it. So anyways, I've played sin quite a bit and know the playstyle and how to be effective with it.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-19-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSteel View Post
    Is there even a point in playing a rogue in pvp anymore? It seems the only thing we're really good for now would be cannon fodder, or if you're playing a sab rogue then maybe you could throw a bunch of bombs and hope it kills someone if the healer is asleep.
    There there, this too shall pass. Seriously tho, emo much?
    Last edited by Anathemus; 12-19-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anathemus View Post
    Do what sin was intended to do and go for the casters behind the lines. Stop tryin to farm the front lines, or be a dps hero. Be a rogue. Ninja flags, gank runners, steal stones. And for the love of god stop crutching on overtuned damage.
    In addition (stupid edit timer).

A spec is either good or bad not depending on how good the spec is but the context of where you're using it. Back in 1.4 using sin in Codex (which was very popular), port scion ganking stone runners, or in open world pvp it was effective, pvp is now mostly conquest or the new warfront which doesn't fit sin's playstyle.

The whole behind lines, etc... isn't practical to SL's pvp which is why sin will suffer. I don't think you've played sin a lot based on what you're saying, either that or you're not a rogue.

I don't PvP enough to offer an opinion on whether the changes were warranted or not. My concern is that they don't bleed over into PvE.

This actually happened in beta testing where a change to Shoot to Kill for PvP dramatically reduced its effect in PvE. The change was rescinded and didn't make it into live but I'm now wary of any changes made in the name of PvP.

"Marksman: Strafe: The immunity to Snare/Root/Stun no longer applies in Warfronts and Conquest"

This is, almost exclusive, a PvP feature. No situation comes to mind in which I tell myself "need to save Strafe for the snare". If you have strafe on your build then you are using a spec with little defenses so things like this are needed to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSteel View Post
    http://digboston.com/wp-content/uplo...1/facepalm.jpg
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    "Marksman: Strafe: The immunity to Snare/Root/Stun no longer applies in Warfronts and Conquest"

This is, almost exclusive, a PvP feature. No situation comes to mind in which I tell myself "need to save Strafe for the snare". If you have strafe on your build then you are using a spec with little defenses so things like this are needed to survive.
    I was actually making a comment regarding the changes to Rogues as a whole and should have made that clear.

Don't worry guise. MM is still OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    I was actually making a comment regarding the changes to Rogues as a whole and should have made that clear.
    Anyone remember what happened to Warriors after they made this kind of change?

Quote Originally Posted by Hosss View Post
    Anyone remember what happened to Warriors after they made this kind of change?
    I going to take the safest bet ever and guess there was a lot of forum QQ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast