+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Please trion give Rogue Melee specs for love.

Default Please trion give Rogue Melee specs for love.

Hello Trion

I am disgruntled, it seems yet again rogues will be more or less forced to play a ranged spec (40mm / 36R variants) to do competitive dps.

Could you please make adjustments to Sin, NB and DB so that these melee specs can pull numbers closer to something like +10% over ANY ranged spec.

Right now the 40mm/36R pulls about the same or only 100dps less than a top melee spec. this doesn't seem right to me.

TLR : please give rogue melee specs some dps increase.

Prem
    Xerise, Eliana, Eurydice, Rissa and December
    http://www.direman.com/everwas/index.php

Telaran

+1, actually, our melee spec on dumny do almost less dps than ranged spec, and it's not considering fight with disconnect that make all our melee spec useless in raid environment !
    Exterm@Brisesol <Mea Culpa>

There are a few BD and Sin specs that compete with 61MM and even pass it, although i don't think any touch the ranger combo. The bigger issue is so many bosses being melee haters, at least we don't have to lose dps on bosses where we can't melee

NB needs... a lot of changes, in pve it's a mess, except for solo play.
    PO-TA-TOES!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkerlotus View Post
    There are a few BD and Sin specs that compete with 61MM and even pass it, although i don't think any touch the ranger combo. The bigger issue is so many bosses being melee haters, at least we don't have to lose dps on bosses where we can't melee

NB needs... a lot of changes, in pve it's a mess, except for solo play.
    Honestly 61mm is easy to pass.. but yeah the ranger combo is beefcake and i have only managed to pass it with Sin and Match it with NB. From my research BD is somewhere between sin and NB..

I know NB is the lowest of the ST melee specs but i can still manage to get 8.8K on the dummy with it.. Futhuremore is has really good aoe.

Prem
    Xerise, Eliana, Eurydice, Rissa and December
    http://www.direman.com/everwas/index.php

Telaran

61MM is not the ranged spec we should compare to. Our best ranged spec actually is MM/Rng !

Blade and Soul Parity is currently bugged, and is only increasing crit chance and not crit damage. Once that's fixed, you'll see Bladedancer's damage go up significantly.

Our issue isn't that MM-Rng is too high, it's that our melee souls are too low. Our melee souls are what, 30% under other classes melee souls? That's huge.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

While I certainly hope they fix Blade and Soul Parity soon, I have to say I'm getting my highest dps with Bladedancer right now. In raids I'm typically above our rogues that run the mm/rng hybrid. A mix of expert mark, IS, and crafted gear, with a few drops and I get around 9.7k on the Raid dummy, self buffed with no flask.

I find its helpful to pratice disconnects by target switching from one raid dummy to another. My 61 sin spec comes in around 1.3k less, but I'm not as good with it.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Our issue isn't that MM-Rng is too high, it's that our melee souls are too low. Our melee souls are what, 30% under other classes melee souls? That's huge.
    Not sure where warriors are right now after the latest changes for pure single target but pyrobingers regularly do 18k single target. I'm not 30% behind but I'm not anywhere near that either. I'd say pyrobingers are too high though and are more likely to get nerfed than us getting buffed to their level.

I'm not 100% sure where melee rogues are now either. I know myself I always play ranged, but 30% would be 12.6k for melee rogues.

On the dummy I'm at about 10k where other classes hit 13k which is where the 30% came from.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    ... have you SEEN warrior melee dps? If you have, I think you would laugh and be greatful of the damage you have as rogue melee... very grateful.

None the less, I do hope they make rogue melee on par/better then its range variant, along with making warrior dps... while actually worth something. Melee is even more high risk as ever and over-all it seems not really worth wild.

Shadowlander

A solution could be a mix between Assassin and Nightblade but I don't know yet if they synergize well.
    I hope they do, because it will be a shame having 3 melee souls that are "unmixable" or/and underperforming.

I can understand that before they could'nt buff these souls because of PVP unbalance. But now that they selectively nerf some souls only in PVP environnement, I hope there won't be any hesitation to buff us for PVE environnement.

Quote Originally Posted by Purutzil View Post
    ... have you SEEN warrior melee dps? If you have, I think you would laugh and be greatful of the damage you have as rogue melee... very grateful.
    Yes I have, the only warrior dps who are suffering atm are the bad ones. The only people who think warriors are underpowered atm are warriors themselves, who think they're broken unless they're always top dps.

Telaran

When i will see a melee rogue doing 15-17k+ full ST, we will be on part with warrior and mage, it's actually not the case, and we don't have the choice to go melee or not.

Prem, please stop trying to nerf range DPS

Love - from one of your own rogues

MM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast