+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard debuffs

Default Bard debuffs

So when I use bard on event bosses I try to keep up the three debuffing codas, but the fall off fast. Are they being overwritten (making them pointless) or do bosses have cleanses?

Thanks.
    "You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

overwritten
    no biggie
    who took my names!

dbe
    General of Telara

There's a lot of souls that provide those debuffs, bard just has them all and can keep 'em up in rotation.

Usually if I see something being overwritten I stop casting it. Also if I see every bard buff on people I just focus on ST damage and maybe aoe heals.

see http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-stacking.html

Coda of Cowardice and Distress are the only AoE versions of those debuffs so in AoE situations get other people to stop overwriting them. In ST if you have an Archon they should always keep up their version of these debuffs. Inquisitors should never be using Spiritual Deficiency unless asked to, if there's a bard or archon.

Coda of Jeopardy on the other hand is exactly the same as the other debuffs in its category but it lasts longer, however the other versions (BM, Archon, Druid) are all instant cast so are easier to apply. So just make sure someone in the raid is maintaining this and people aren't excessively wasting GCDs on it.

EDIT: Durr, event bosses. Yeah thats just random people overwriting them
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-18-2012 at 09:50 AM.

as far as keeping them up.. it takes time for the bard to apply just 1 of 3 debuffs.. anywhere from 3 gcd on up, per debuff. general rule of thumb is.. bard does not perform the st debuffing, with the exception only for CoJ, and only upon request, as other classes not only can cast these debuffs instantly, but some gain additional benefit from being the ones to have cast said debuff. When it comes to massive aoe mobs, by all means, feel free to use the 2 aoe debuffs., as they have no limit to # of mobs, and will actually take you less time than it would take them.

world event sutff?? dont even bother.. 99% sure somebody will be doing it, as part of a macro or rotation. focus on resonance and dps/healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    as far as keeping them up.. it takes time for the bard to apply just 1 of 3 debuffs.. anywhere from 3 gcd on up, per debuff. general rule of thumb is.. bard does not perform the st debuffing, with the exception only for CoJ, and only upon request, as other classes not only can cast these debuffs instantly, but some gain additional benefit from being the ones to have cast said debuff. When it comes to massive aoe mobs, by all means, feel free to use the 2 aoe debuffs., as they have no limit to # of mobs, and will actually take you less time than it would take them.

world event sutff?? dont even bother.. 99% sure somebody will be doing it, as part of a macro or rotation. focus on resonance and dps/healing.
    Wait. As I read that, there is really no reason to apply the debuffing codas outside of 5-man dungeons. What do I spend my combo points on then? The healing coda..., lets be honest, it's meh at best. And the damage coda --> VoA doesn't seem to do much dps at. Without the debuffing, all that's there is a few buffs on a two-minute timer and hitting codas just to keep resonance up.

Is this why I'm seeing so many threads about tac/bard hybrids?
    "You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Carear View Post
    Wait. As I read that, there is really no reason to apply the debuffing codas outside of 5-man dungeons. What do I spend my combo points on then? The healing coda..., lets be honest, it's meh at best. And the damage coda --> VoA doesn't seem to do much dps at. Without the debuffing, all that's there is a few buffs on a two-minute timer and hitting codas just to keep resonance up.

Is this why I'm seeing so many threads about tac/bard hybrids?
    Yes. 10chars.

Remember, bards are essentially buffbots. They're brought along to raids for VOJ, OOTP, Resonance, COJ and maaayyybbeee some spot heals.

Bards got made "better" with SL, but they're still not flat out fantastic DPS (and no longer awesome HPS either T__T)
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Ascendant

Yep, Yep, Yep, Build yourself a Tact, with Bard sub - have the first 2 motifs for yourself and useful for raids or 10mans, don't worry with resonance...........just hit the motifs thru your rotations...........nobody really cares anymore.

Tact all the way, since high Tact will be pushed as support by Trion anyway, add in rotation of Cadence/Cadenza, and pop the rotation of the Torrents , Prime etc. and have fun.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 12-18-2012 at 07:35 PM.

bard got made better with 1.11, and ruined in 2.0-2.1, that is why we use the bard/tact hybrid for healing, and pure bard for dps, even with the 30m range soon coming to bard cadence/cadenza as Daglar has alluded to, it still wont outweigh the benefit of a 40bard/36 tact, as bard's healing has a 4-4.5k ceiling on it, where a 40 bard/36 tact uses mostly tact abilities to heal, it has no real ceiling. Pure tactician healing would be very high indeed, but because a raid is not inclined to sit still, or stack in a perfect line for healing, it simply wont be taken to raid as such.

40bard/36 tact brings all the buffing of bard: resonance*** debuffing, fanfares, anthems, so on, and the buffing from tacttician along with 30m range and 3-4 times the healing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    Bards got made "better" with SL, but they're still not flat out fantastic DPS (and no longer awesome HPS either T__T)
    Tactbard @ 10k HPS + 12kHPS overheal would like to have a word with you

He was responding to the person who said "is that why I am seeing Tac bard hybrids." His response was YES. He was referring to the state of 61 Bard
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Tactbard @ 10k HPS + 12kHPS overheal would like to have a word with you
    guessing it was too late for you to edit your post right? as you obviously missed key pieces of the conversation.

Grats on enjoying 40bard/36 tact btw.

+ Reply to Thread