+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By bridgeburner
  • 2 Post By Mayi

Thread: So MM Getting The Nerfbat Afterall?

Rift Disciple

Default So MM Getting The Nerfbat Afterall?

If true...the QQs win!

Regarding PvP,

I still don't see what the problem is with MMs...Rift is not meant for dueling anyways. Sure 1v1 MMs are nasty, but how much do we actually find ourselves alone. And if we get focus fired or opponent has a pocket healer..life is not that easy as a MM as some think. Also healers are QQ'n lots...like nothing is supposed to burn through their heals. I understand that the upcoming fixes is full of speculation right now, but it sounds like MMs are getting the nerf since Trion listened. I guess noone is supposed to die?

Soon as I hit 60 and jumped right back into pvp, I thought 'okay maybe MMs are OP'. Almost everyone felt squishy, including plates. But in the past week or so fighting p60s...I sure notice the valor and skill on some players. And for the healers....I seen some awesome pocket healing going on out there. There will always be bads in MMOs and once again are devs listening to the wrong player type?

To be honest, it's very hard to judge in such a pvp environment, where there is such an array of factors besides one class abilities. I myself refuse to gauge my MM on bads or squishies...but how they measure up in a WF environment. When I see good skill in front of me, the game changes. Which it should and always look forward to.

Anyways, if hotfix ends up turning the MM into only as support dps...Eh been though many patches for the part 12 years of playing MMOs. Therefore, once again maybe time to reavulate the MMOs. But hey, CQ is brought my sub back this summer.

I rather be a patch hopper than hate a game. For the folks who hang in there right from the start...hats off. My money demands fun to much for that.

Okay...fingers crossed that MM can still burst down heals

Peace.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hashashin View Post
    If true...the QQs win!

Regarding PvP,

I still don't see what the problem is with MMs...Rift is not meant for dueling anyways. Sure 1v1 MMs are nasty, but how much do we actually find ourselves alone. And if we get focus fired or opponent has a pocket healer..life is not that easy as a MM as some think. Also healers are QQ'n lots...like nothing is supposed to burn through their heals. I understand that the upcoming fixes is full of speculation right now, but it sounds like MMs are getting the nerf since Trion listened. I guess noone is supposed to die?

Soon as I hit 60 and jumped right back into pvp, I thought 'okay maybe MMs are OP'. Almost everyone felt squishy, including plates. But in the past week or so fighting p60s...I sure notice the valor and skill on some players. And for the healers....I seen some awesome pocket healing going on out there. There will always be bads in MMOs and once again are devs listening to the wrong player type?

To be honest, it's very hard to judge in such a pvp environment, where there is such an array of factors besides one class abilities. I myself refuse to gauge my MM on bads or squishies...but how they measure up in a WF environment. When I see good skill in front of me, the game changes. Which it should and always look forward to.

Anyways, if hotfix ends up turning the MM into only as support dps...Eh been though many patches for the part 12 years of playing MMOs. Therefore, once again maybe time to reavulate the MMOs. But hey, CQ is brought my sub back this summer.

I rather be a patch hopper than hate a game. For the folks who hang in there right from the start...hats off. My money demands fun to much for that.

Okay...fingers crossed that MM can still burst down heals

Peace.

I really hope this isn't true. I am so ****in tired of having my builds nerfed because of pvp. I don't even pvp stop ****ing with my specs. Can't they just put in the extra effort to find a way to quarantine the pve effectiveness of a build from its pvp equivalent?

Nerf MM at the stake!!
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Yea, I played both MM and Sin today in conquest to see what all the fuss was about. Nothing looked OP in either build, MM has some burst but not enough to take out a healer solo and sin can still be kited easily.

I think people don't know what spec is killing them, the only melee spec that seems really strong is NB-RS.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-16-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

NB/RS/Tact is pretty nasty still IMO. Takes a beating and keeps on tickin'.

MM's are still squishy as all hell and need to come in on the side and stay at range to deal damage. I've had a harb charge and blindside me and go 3K 3K 3K crits in my face. Ouch. Not sure where the qq comes from except mebbe warriors who need to melee..... owait.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Rift Master

Speaking as a on and off healer, I can say that MM's are tolerable, with both strengths and weaknesses inherent to a... glass cannonish class. NB/RS's however.... They can go put their privates in a fridge door. Do not like!

yeah.. MM actually are extremely squishy, and more so now that EVERYBODY has the same range as them.. that range buffer was the sole mitigation factor in the MM gameplay, and now that is no more, and nothing was done to actually replace that lost form of protection.

nerf.. idk,.. would trion really put effort into putting and keeping rogues at the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    yeah.. MM actually are extremely squishy, and more so now that EVERYBODY has the same range as them.. that range buffer was the sole mitigation factor in the MM gameplay, and now that is no more, and nothing was done to actually replace that lost form of protection.

nerf.. idk,.. would trion really put effort into putting and keeping rogues at the bottom?
    You say it as if it hasn't ever happened before
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

To all the rogues who still don't believe their class is OP i leave you with this.
    "The blind see what they want to see."

Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkside View Post
    To all the rogues who still don't believe their class is OP i leave you with this.
    No they don't, they don't see anything. They're blind.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkside View Post
    In terms of rogues and OP:

PvE: We're great tanks, not as great dps as others, but more mobile in ranged specs.

PvP: NB/RS needs a nerf hardcore, MM is fine (if it gets nerfed then inquis, tempest, and pyro all need nerfs too, same concept), Sin can get a damage nerf when it gets a snare
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

+ Reply to Thread