+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bards and their range.

Soulwalker

Default Bards and their range.

So rogues are getting a dps "adjustment" and instead of whinning, I'll adapt.

I made a nice healing spec but noticed one of it's major problems.

20 meters is needed to do any healing. I could go 5 marksman for 5 more range, but that doesn't work with my spec.

Has the range of cadence and cadenza ever been brought up to be at least 30 meters?

cause at 20 meters I'm either focused, pulled in, mass cc'd to death, or my favorite being silenced every 5 seconds. Please don't bring up diminishing returns cause that's a joke.
    Last edited by Riaken; 12-16-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    Dirtyfighter lvl 60 Rogue. Rank 80. 300k favor all the time.

They removed the range requirement on coda of restoration. The best way to play bard in conquest imo is to use MM builders for combo points at range and forget about cadenza/cadence.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

I sent in feedback earlier today regarding Bard range. 20 meters feels practically like melee compared to the 30-35 meters all the other souls get. It's so common to pair up Tactician with Bard- Tactician has 30 meter range, and Bard's 20 meter restriction messes things up. I would sure like to see Bard's range extended to 30 meters. I really don't understand the range restriction.

I don't PvP, but this greatly impacts me in PvE. It puts me in range of attacks that other casters are well out of range for, for one.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    I sent in feedback earlier today regarding Bard range. 20 meters feels practically like melee compared to the 30-35 meters all the other souls get. It's so common to pair up Tactician with Bard- Tactician has 30 meter range, and Bard's 20 meter restriction messes things up. I would sure like to see Bard's range extended to 30 meters. I really don't understand the range restriction.

I don't PvP, but this greatly impacts me in PvE. It puts me in range of attacks that other casters are well out of range for, for one.
    All of this above and the PVP aspect as well. The range just seems broke. It isnt mellee and it isnt really range either. Really frustrating trying to support your PVP grp with heals when you want to use cadence but can't unless you have a pocket healer........
    How wrong does that sound?.... I can't heal my raid unless i have my own pocket healer...... stupid non-sense.

Rift Chaser

Probably has something to do with the range on Motifs and Anthems. If you're on 30 meter distance or maybe 35, you probably won't reach the melee players with your buffs.

They didn't listen to us before and said they had some vision of bards as 'mid range' support heals and buffs. Too bad that is a path to quick death in PvP. They need to man up and admit they were wrong and give bards 30m base range. They've nurfed the crap out of rogues before for PvP, about time we got a buff because of it. None of the other support souls have to operate at mid range, their buffs hit the whole raid no matter what range they are at.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

there is actually a caster thread up about them complaining about their 30m range being too short, and that they want 35m+.... I lol'd like a mad man while posting in fury about how they should try playing bard... (the thread was concerning RAID pve of all things...)

but of note.. if you honestly want to do massive healing as a rogue in pvp, use the variation of 40bard/36TACT, not mm.. this uses resto engine, and you alternate curative blast and CoR (or debuffing codas on aoe, really effects the enemy raid). I often find myself top heals.. from 30m (mainly because mages are too ignorant to abuse the chloro bug atm, and the healing classes in general refuse to heal in pvp ...

this spec also can generally replace full bard, as the only thing a 61 bard really offers a pve 20m raid is VoJ...I built all my specs in all my classes to avoid resource management shortcoming.. they can too!.

there's a thread on how to use this form of "Bard" in several posts.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

Insert mysterious developer comment here.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Insert mysterious developer comment here.

~Daglar
    So you're saying bards are definitely going to have their range increased to 30m in the next hotfix? Hold on while I tell everyone about this!

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    So you're saying bards are definitely going to have their range increased to 30m in the next hotfix? Hold on while I tell everyone about this!
    Insert cryptic reply here.

~Daglar

Nobody needs longer range, they just need to QQ less and understand their range is a part of the soul's playstyle.
    Nope.

archon shares similar issues albeit 30m, seems everyone else has 35m
    an example is zaviel and the distance from position to the far conducer behind her
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 12-17-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    who took my names!

Considering 20/25m has gotten my bard(s) killed before on all sorts of bosses (the old strat for Itu, Maelforge p1 breathes etc) just because they nudged themselves a little too close or out of line, it's frankly annoying.

More oftan than not, you'll also see the wee little bard unable to stack with the rest of the group because he's out of freakin' range of the mob.

Also, Mimi, 61Bard is for Orchestra, VOJ is still 51pt :P
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Damage increased

It's a little known fact that Bard damage abilities are a special set of skills called Shouts. Shouts can be prevented by silence and interrupted but they go off of physical crit for critical hit chance and are affected by attack power. They also have a default 20 meter range.

I would guess that the reduced range was largely based on PvE analysis.

I don't see any real harm to PvE nor PvP in increasing the range of Shouts to a default 30 meters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast