+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can someone recommend a support build

Telaran

Default can someone recommend a support build

i'm starting to do the expert dungeons and thought i'd make a support role

can someone recommend the best one for dungeons?

dbe
    General of Telara

Full bard. Nice heals and the buffs do help. The ST damage is also pretty good for a support build.

I've only just started doing experts, but I've been using bard61/tac4/mm11. And since right now experts can be a deathfest, I've been using Cadence and Coda of Restoration. That said, there are some interesting dps mechanics for bard, I'm looking to try them out soon.

This build has also been great for Great Hunt rifts, and healers get touches on all attacked mobs so you get great exp/PA.

I'm fairly new to barding, to the point where I'm not 100% on the best way to place mm11. If anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears.
    "You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

there are actually a few bard and tactician guides wrote up by a few of us on this subject, and it all really depends on the situation.

chances are, if you are being forced to support for experts.. then it's healing they need, a 61 bard may suffice, and has more st dps than does some of our higher healing builds. if the purpose if for you to mainly bard for healing, then using almost all of the remaining points in tactician will do it, and give you some aoe tools as well.

If, you would rather be able to do 3-4k hps as a bard (61 bard has a really hard time passing the 4-4.5k wall on hps, even when the situation is perfect for high parses, which is gear dependant, it usually means the raid is not doing soo hot) I would try a 61bard/10nb/5rs for the higher dps output+ to survivability/mobility options, and much more st dps oomph.

now here's the kicker.. a spec I enjoy using, 40bard/36tactician (also known as "stratobard" or taard (filter prevents correct spelling)

while this doesn't exactly have the top st dps, it is easily capable of 15k+ aoe dps when needed.. it also provides all the buffs from bard like resonance, run speed/glory, fanfares, as well as debuffs. to top it off, you get to perform bard mechanics from 30 meters!! To use this spec, turn on restorative engine, and you build all your cp using empyrean bolt (why? because not only does it heal for more than 2x what invig soul from cadence does.. it also heals twice the number of people!! with smart healing!). so. spam empyrean boltx5, then alternate curative blast and any coda (coda of restoration). this will maintain all buffs, on the raid and buffs to maximize your own healing output, as well as proc 10m hots all over the place. on average, this build is easily capable of 8-10k hps, provided heals aren't being sniped/raid isn't topped off. The downside is no VoJ.. but since you are focusing on experts.. you shouldn't be needing it for anything.

imo.. go with the 40/36 build for bard/tact.. and if absolutly needed, you can still cadenza with it for st dps

check the rogue guides.. lots of info out there.
    Last edited by Mirimon; 12-15-2012 at 06:03 PM.

I prefer 61bard-10mm-5nb. It should do more dps then any tactician-bard hybrids and has enough healing for any dungeon. Bards are most useful, in my opinion, when going full on dps. I hit 5-6k and with how much dps I add to the group along with the buffs our dungeon runs tend to be smooth and fast. I rarely have to heal as a bard, only after large aoe damage spikes or when the healer goes down.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Using a 40 bard/36 tac/0 Ranger (on the double) for support. Monstrous heals and still get all the motif buffs and armor anthem.
    Valliac - Eth - Rogue
    Brongor - Dwarf - Warrior
    Sevisa - Kelari - Cleric

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    there are actually a few bard and tactician guides wrote up by a few of us on this subject, and it all really depends on the situation.

chances are, if you are being forced to support for experts.. then it's healing they need, a 61 bard may suffice, and has more st dps than does some of our higher healing builds. if the purpose if for you to mainly bard for healing, then using almost all of the remaining points in tactician will do it, and give you some aoe tools as well.

If, you would rather be able to do 3-4k hps as a bard (61 bard has a really hard time passing the 4-4.5k wall on hps, even when the situation is perfect for high parses, which is gear dependant, it usually means the raid is not doing soo hot) I would try a 61bard/10nb/5rs for the higher dps output+ to survivability/mobility options, and much more st dps oomph.

now here's the kicker.. a spec I enjoy using, 40bard/36tactician (also known as "stratobard" or taard (filter prevents correct spelling)

while this doesn't exactly have the top st dps, it is easily capable of 15k+ aoe dps when needed.. it also provides all the buffs from bard like resonance, run speed/glory, fanfares, as well as debuffs. to top it off, you get to perform bard mechanics from 30 meters!! To use this spec, turn on restorative engine, and you build all your cp using empyrean bolt (why? because not only does it heal for more than 2x what invig soul from cadence does.. it also heals twice the number of people!! with smart healing!). so. spam empyrean boltx5, then alternate curative blast and any coda (coda of restoration). this will maintain all buffs, on the raid and buffs to maximize your own healing output, as well as proc 10m hots all over the place. on average, this build is easily capable of 8-10k hps, provided heals aren't being sniped/raid isn't topped off. The downside is no VoJ.. but since you are focusing on experts.. you shouldn't be needing it for anything.

imo.. go with the 40/36 build for bard/tact.. and if absolutly needed, you can still cadenza with it for st dps

check the rogue guides.. lots of info out there.
    Thanks i see several guides, which one do you recommend for the 40bard/36 tact?

they are all the same for that spec, it's a raid support spec for healing, not a whole lot to macro, pop motifs, use resto engine, spam emp bolt for cp building and alternate curative blasts and coda of choice to maintain resonance, keep remotes and cores up off cd, win.

the advantage this brings to a raid group is more buffing more of the time, our primary mission as support. (this also works well for healing in warfronts, as does a high tact build (one with restorative bolt for the objective holder, since it does not require contact with an enemy to perform)

+ Reply to Thread