+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nimbis

Thread: 20 man rogue raid dps specs ?

Default 20 man rogue raid dps specs ?

I have few questions for experienced SL riders about good rogue raid specs. Currently I have infinity stones / expert upgraded gear ( 4 pcs bonus active ) and stats: 2845 ap, 1913 dex, 1813 crit, 436 hit, 293 crit power. This is stats from 61MM 10 AS 5 NB build which I rly liked play. Unfortunately this spec is bit behind hybrid 40MM 36 RG who are mostly used by rogues in my guild. On Expert Boss Practice Dummy in TB on long 5 min try I can make about 7800-8100 dps.

MY questions are what specs are "must have" for 20 man. Which one gives best dps ? Is any encounter pet unfriendly ? Sabo aoe spec is "must have" or just easier on trash only ? I don't feel sabo as huge advantage over Sentry Battery from MM...
    Do i have to get some meele dps scec for any boss ? I hate play meele btw.

My guild constantly makes big pressure to have possibly best dps spec, even if someone don't like it playstyle. We don't do "server first" so I m trying to resists that force, but propably this will ends badly for me. But ofc raiding is optional so I can go back and enjoy World of Tanks again.

Sorry for my poor English, I hope you understand message.

The only must have spec for a rogue right now (in my opinion) is the 40-36 MM Ranger build. There isn't really a pet unfriendly fight i've seen yet, but during the 1st boss in FT you have to manage your pet so it doesn't get killed by the bird adds.

If you are doing 20 man raids and like the playstyle of 61MM more then a pet spec, you should try 51MM 20 Sin 5 RS. Unless your guild has someone playing assassin this is the best way to apply lethal poison (5% crit). It plays about the same as 61MM just without free recoil, but has the purge and interupt. When I run this build I am also responsable for keeping Lightning Fury up (armor debuff). Link to build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zAbbhqto.x.-11'

The only other must have spec in a 20 man is bard, but i'm sure you know that. Hope this helps.

Yea, I'd just run the lethal MM spec. If you don't like the pet build then it's the way to go. You'll be doing less dps then 40-36 but your overall contribution to the raid with lethal will be higher then any of the other rogues.

5% extra crit is at least 2.5% extra raid dps, so if your raid is doing 200k that's about 5k+ extra dps and you should be doing max ~2k dps less then 40-36.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-15-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Soulwalker

have one question ( sorry for my bad language )

its better for a raid one rogue with 10-12k+ dps or one rogue with 7-8k+ with buff 10% damage raid 15sec every 1min ?
    Last edited by Infam; 12-16-2012 at 06:59 AM.

A 10% buff that's up a quarter of the time is worth 2.5% extra raid dps.

If you're losing 3k dps the break even point would be around 120k raid dps. Playing MM-Tact vs a dps spec really depends more about how melee friendly an encounter is though.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-16-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Plane Touched

Specs to use are Full Bard / Bard Tactician Hybrid (40bard36tact) (depending what your raid wants),
    DPS Tactician (41tact/35mm), full MM for purge (61mm10sin5nb), Ranger Hybrid (40mm36ranger), Assasin (61sin10mm5nb).
    Mitsurugi
    GAME OVER
    CONTENT CLEARED, REGULOS 0%

+ Reply to Thread