+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightblade dps

Soulwalker

Default Nightblade dps

Was wondering if anyone has looked into a 61p nightblade dps build and if so why hasnt no one posted anything about it. Is it subpar or just overlooked.

A guildy of mine tried it out in a couple of raids. After seeing it perform I'd say it was behind, but it just got a buff so I'm not sure now.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

My biggest concern is how fiddly it is - it just doesn't have a "simple" rotation that falls nicely into place with CP generation and buff/debuff uptime.

Soulwalker

thats why i was curious about some theorycrafting that might be involved with duskstrike vs primal and wether its a dps gain to keep fiery spike up and what not.

DB1

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...aGFaFl4/T8/Ah0

I guess none of the posters play 61NB lol. I play it in raids and experts i can get up to 10k st. Easy rotation
    open up with Death from the shadows > PS>DS>DD>SD>PS. Then its just builder (DTD>PS>DS) use DS spam when EF is up ect... keep up FS with your rotation.

buffs are Ebon Blades & Smoldering Blades & Touch of Darkness

50 Rogue 50 Warrior 50 Cleric

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Holonami View Post
    thats why i was curious about some theorycrafting that might be involved with duskstrike vs primal and wether its a dps gain to keep fiery spike up and what not.
    The buff it got wasn't worth much at all, I almost only play NB when I DPS not only because I enjoy it, but because it parses higher than the ranged builds for me (Emphasis on the for me part).

5tact/61nb/10mm - http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...kGlaGFaFl4/Ah0

Fiery spike has to stay up, that's always been a must for Nightblade, and the rotation is simple enough, CP generation is no different than it is in any other build

builder
    #show dusk to dawn
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dusk to Dawn
    cast Primal Strike
    cast twilight force

finisher
    #show Scourge Of Darkness
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast flame thrust

aoe
    #show fiery chains
    cast fiery chains
    cast weapon flare

-open from stealth -> death from the shadows > builder x1 > dusk strike > dark descent > finisher x3 > living flame

-builder x4 > dusk strike > finish (You can use your dusk strike at any point in your building phase, unless stacking for ebon fury build to 3-4 stacks of emptiness, skip a rotation so it falls off, and start over)

-AoE: fiery spike -> aoe macro to 5 > Flame blitz, repeat (flame blitz applies fiery spike to all targets if your target has fs already on it, so make sure you squeeze one off before you go nutso, having 5 stacks of fs going on 5+ mobs is pretty alright DPS in of itself.)

when your emptiness gets to 5, pop ebon fury and spam dusk strike, you can let your emptiness build up over 5 rotations or just spam ds right out of the gate and pop ebon fury, I didn't see a difference in dps either way, also make sure to refresh d2d while spamming it. your dark descent and scourge of darkness come off CD at the same time so you're landing 2x blazing strikes of flame thrusts right after it, which keeps your fiery spikes up, youll never need to manually apply your spikes if your DD and SoD are on CD together.

I think the only place people screw themselves on it is not managing energy. Before, managing energy meant mashing your buttons until you had enough energy for your next ability. Now its an active part of the spec, and its kind of fun to deal with.

With twilight force not giving stacks of emptiness or having a CD on it, the spec handles disconnects well. standing at 15m I do anywhere from 65-75% of the dps I would do in melee, so if you do have to disconnect, its not going to floor you like it did before.

I've not done much work with it, I've been focusing on tanking so I havn't spent the countless hours parsing all the little ins and outs. It might not be a DPS increase to go 61 in just to get dark descent, because there's some wasted talents in there, things like advanced state of sloth, and dark malady are almost useless in raid, but, like I said the pickup of dark descent might offset that but I've not tested it.

-one other small note. blazing path is friggen useless for anything other than movement. The trail only pops up behind you 10% of the time, if theres the slightest bit of lag it pops up infront of you, which makes it hard to drop in an appropriate place, so its just a glorified shadow shift, with the added benefit of possibly getting you into trouble.

Soulwalker

thanks for that but still kinda curious, so dusk spam merits better dps even with with energy cost vs using primal during energy starvation ?

Soulwalker

ah i see late post above so then my question would be would a macro for having dusk before primal where primal would take over when u could no longer support the energy required for dusk till it fell off work ?

DB1

Quote Originally Posted by Holonami View Post
    ah i see late post above so then my question would be would a macro for having dusk before primal where primal would take over when u could no longer support the energy required for dusk till it fell off work ?
    keep dusk out your builder you can toss it in during builder spam

50 Rogue 50 Warrior 50 Cleric

+ Reply to Thread