+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rogue Gear List

Rift Master

Default Rogue Gear List

Hello, I have begun the creation of a website that allows gear to be ranked. I am currently using DaPhat's stat weights, but the site allows you to set your own stat weights if you want to.

Here is the link: Rift Hero.

There is an 'Add Item' link in red near the top of each classes page, if you could spare a moment to add any gear that is missing (and there is a lot, still chugging through warriors at the moment ) then it will be approved by a moderator at a later date and appear on the site. Useful for rogues, saves me a lot of effort

Hope this is useful to the rogue community!
    Click here for Gear Lists for every class!

Not to be a downer, but you do realize that sites like Magelo already let you do this, right?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Not to be a downer, but you do realize that sites like Magelo already let you do this, right?
    Actually the way Magelo does their weight calculations is different to how the BiS writers do it (try it and see what happens, though admittedly for the most part the results are similar), there is no set weights standard, you actually have to input everything instead of lists pre-created with the results best math already input for weightings, items not for your class appear, but restricting by class causes some items to not appear.

There are benefits to my version ;)
    Last edited by Tarien; 12-13-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Rift Disciple

I just had a quick look at this so i havent worked out all the floors with this yet however:

Dex and strength have been given incorrect weightings assuming AP and Crit are correct.

dex = 0.75ap + 0.5 Crit
    (0.75*1.24)+(0.5*0.42)
    = 1.14 not the 1.175 you have listed.

Strength = 0.25ap + 0.5 crit
    (0.25*1.24)+(0.5*0.42)
    = 0.52 not 0.525 you have listed.

TBH when i look at the weighting given to crit chance i am very skeptical as to how accurate the weightings are 125 crit = 1%. Are the weightings used here for SL or for Chocolate rift? i know most people have been using the basis that 1 ap = 5 crit in SL whereas in Choclate it was 1ap = 3 crit which is basically what your stat weightings are. I know you have said that we can modify the stat weightings but personally i think raw stats are a better way to approach this due to ability scaling rather than just giving a flat this is how much dps the item is worth.

Personally i have made a excel spreadsheet that calculates the raw stats rather than trying to rely on stat ratings.
    Last edited by DammitBilly; 12-13-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by DammitBilly View Post
    Dex and strength have been given incorrect weightings assuming AP and Crit are correct.
    The weightings are taking into account all the talent and raid buffs which I think is the reason for the discrepancies, also as your spellpower or attack power rises crit becomes more valuable. Most of the classes so far seem to be landing around 0.3 for crit.

The only player to have done any sort of work on this is daphat79, you can see his gear list on your guides section, and that is why the weightings are the way they are.
    Last edited by Tarien; 12-14-2012 at 12:12 AM.

Rift Disciple

Having read through the post were Daphat79 was talking about stat weightings. The values used here was just what someone in the thread mentioned for a 61mm spec which Daphat79 seemed to like the look of.

Generally i run 40/36 MM / RNG spec. with 1500 crit that puts me at 12%crit + 5% from talents + 10% on basically every attack i use from talents. that puts me at 27% without raid buffs. raid buffs add another 10% or so which should put me close to 40% crit.

I think what you will find at the moment is that crit is not really needed. I do not know of any rogue who has ever stacked crit intentionaly. With raid buffs and the like crit becomes needed even less and at 125crit = 1% i dont see how a weighting of 0.3 or similar makes sense.

My personal stat weightings would probably be something like:

Attack Power = 1
    Dexterity = 0.85
    Crit Power = 0.40
    Strength = 0.35
    Physical Crit = 0.20

The weights for 40-36 have already been run, for me when I calculated them they were:

AP 1
    Crit 0.285471065784935 3.50298198260614
    Crit Power 0.760304605207648 1.31526232137827

The OP's list is using more realistic weights then daphat's which are way off and not realistic at all.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

weights are subject to spec, current gear and stats. They are all subject to opinion. If you don't like the OPs weights or mine make your own sheet and take the time to do it yourself.

On top of that the weights of gear will change as we get further into this xpac. Right now we are at the start of a lot of change to come.

On reason i use a weight sheet on my spreadsheet is so i can easily change things as we get further into the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by daphat79 View Post
    They are all subject to opinion.
    Not at all. You can math them out completely, assuming you have the damage formulas and a way to model the rotation. There's zero opinion involved.

Although to be completely accurate, each stat's DPS value should have its own formula that you plug your other stats into, because each attribute is interdependent.
    Last edited by Muspel; 12-16-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Rift Master

Before I change the defaults I'd have to see some convincing math and some consensus on it though.

But that is one of the reasons I allowed people to set their own weightings, until there is more agreement on what the default should be, and while we're still discovering specs and figuring out the coefficients, we can put our own values in if we want to

I do think that CP should be higher though, seems to be around 0.6-0.7 for most classes, would feel right that it is similar across all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post

But that is one of the reasons I allowed people to set their own weightings, until there is more agreement on what the default should be, and while we're still discovering specs and figuring out the coefficients, we can put our own values in if we want to

I do think that CP should be higher though, seems to be around 0.6-0.7 for most classes, would feel right that it is similar across all classes.
    You're never going to see complete agreement because the weights depend on your stats and build. In general builds with +% crits value crit power more and the more %ap talents you have the better ap will be.

One thing that would be nice to add is a way to take weapon dps out of BiS lists. That way you can take out melee weapon dps when ranged or ranged weapon dps when melee.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-16-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

You could just have two separate lists for weapons.

One sorts best weapons for melee, then best weapons for ranged. Melee wouldn't be stat sticks, ranged would be stat sticks, reverse for ranged.

Let me rephrase that.

Melee Top DPS
    Stat stick ranged

Ranged Top DPS
    stat stick ranged

so like, four different things.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    One thing that would be nice to add is a way to take weapon dps out of BiS lists. That way you can take out melee weapon dps when ranged or ranged weapon dps when melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaliguwra View Post
    You could just have two separate lists for weapons.

One sorts best weapons for melee, then best weapons for ranged. Melee wouldn't be stat sticks, ranged would be stat sticks, reverse for ranged.
    Your wishes are my commands. If you click 'Show/Set weights' you will see a new option to set whether you are playing a ranged or a melee spec (by default this is set to ranged). Selecting either will result in the weapons you are using as 'stat sticks' to ignore the weapon DPS in its weighting calculations.

I'm tempted to either allow an option to see both, or to have a small warning text appear above the slot currently set to 'stat sticks' to remind people that weapon DPS is being ignored for that option.

I also removed the DPS column from all non-weapon slots, to make those tables a little neater.
    Last edited by Tarien; 12-17-2012 at 04:57 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    small warning text appear above the slot currently set to 'stat sticks' to remind people that weapon DPS is being ignored for that option.
    I went and implemented this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast