+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Orangu

Thread: Ailion- mass charged shield aoe

Default Ailion- mass charged shield aoe

* Damage from Mass Betrayal, Nyx's Orb, Void Wall, and Lightning Wall will no longer trigger damage shields such as Mass Charged Shield.

was wondering if we could get this implemented for some Sab abilities as well such as Shrapnel charge and cloud maker siince they hit multiple enemies at the same time with multiple hits and basically cause mass charged shield to insane amounts of damage to us, on top of detonate, reapplying a stack of high explosives and if a time bomb explodes as well all happening in quick succession.

EDIT: also for torrents in Tactician, although I am not sure if torrents trigger it as I have not played tact in pvp
    Last edited by Orangu; 12-13-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

I just wish AoE's could receive equal treatment for incoming proc damage as out-going proc damage. It is quite simple.

Player/self buffed dmg procs (even at 100%) drop down their proc chance based on how many targets are aoe'd. Logically, it should just work inversely. If a player has a 100% proc reactive damage shield, you should have your chances reduced of procing it, based on how many damage shields you hit with 1 aoe. Otherwise, please let my aoe's proc EM/Sin poisons on every single AoE with pure standard proc chances. What I suggest is no more than the inverse logic of mechanics implemented on out-going aoe's regarding self buffed damage procs.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Personally, I'd be satisfied with Rapid Fire Shot not proccing it five times.

Or strafe!
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    Or strafe!
    Meh, Strafe isn't really a bad offender. It's 5 ticks in 4 GCDs.

Rogues in general get punished much harder by Charged Shield than other classes, though, due to our shorter GCD. It's not a big deal, overall, but it'd be nice if we took a bit less damage from it to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Meh, Strafe isn't really a bad offender. It's 5 ticks in 4 GCDs.

Rogues in general get punished much harder by Charged Shield than other classes, though, due to our shorter GCD. It's not a big deal, overall, but it'd be nice if we took a bit less damage from it to compensate.
    More like Sabs. Forget strapping on a set of charges with that bogusness up.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

this has been a long time issue with me using sab in pvp, and i often find myself, even to this day, essentially blowing myself up with all the reactive dmg abilities out there... perhaps an ability called "safe zone" (as it is often referred to in the demolitions world) where if the rogue detonates charges while x-amount of meters away he is free of being effected by reactive dmg (this would be debris and shrapnel in the demo world, small-antipersonel explosives are able to launch deadly debris up to 30+ meters away, while other devices, with nearly a short-ton of c4 in them, can be deadly at as much as 1km away.)

perhpas in this situation.. detonating from a target from less than 20m=you get full reactive dmgs, detonate from over 20m and you are relatively safe from reactive dmg.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Sab only incur damage from charges on detonation? That's not extra punishment, it's taking the same amount of damage anyone else would from six attacks, except that it's backloaded, just like Sab's damage output.

yeah.. it does 5gcd worth of dmg in the form of charges+ detonate effects, all the other effects from the build added to that, any auto attacks that go off between then, and any time bombs or w/e else you have going.. take all that, accounting for each hit, and then multiply by the number of reactive effects and by the number of people with said effects getting hit..

it can really turn out to be drastic, with as many as 30 hits against the rogue coming from just 1 person... ~30 x number of people with those reactives up being hit by a sab= how2blowurselfup

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    was wondering if we could get this implemented for some Sab abilities as well
    This sounds like a great Christmas gift for me.

Make it happen Trion =D

+ Reply to Thread