Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rogue Bug Discussion - RIFT 2.1

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Rogue Bug Discussion - RIFT 2.1

Hey guys,

Please use this thread to consolidate discussion about any new or recurring issues that have come up in Update 2.1. Please keep this discussion limited only to the calling in question - each calling has an identical thread for the same purpose in their respective forum area!

As always - keep it about bugs, we appreciate your feedback but we want cold hard facts and issues here not your opinion. Please feel free to add your feedback to a new thread or existing discussion as we're always checking the forums.

The devs will be keeping everyone up to date and we'll provide a heads up should any changes wind up heading your way - thanks for your help!

Cheers,

A couple of minor bugs, which have been around since at least 2.0.
    • Shadow Assault and Shadow Blitz sometimes fail to go off if they're in a macro with Shadow Stalk. They'll both be off cooldown, but it uses Shadow Stalk anyways (and no, I'm not stunned or disabled). I'm able to reproduce this almost 100% of the time when I initially pull a boss.
    • On some mobs with large hitboxes (such as the bone dragon near the end of Unhallowed Boneforge), Riftstalker teleports will occasionally put you slightly outside of melee range. Also, if you're standing on Emphalea's platform in Archive of Flesh, teleporting to her will drop you off of it, which sometimes causes you to LoS the healer. This may be an issue with the hitboxes rather than the abilities.
    • Keen Strike will sometimes fail to enable Quick Strike/Precision Strike if it's used at or close to max melee range (especially if you just moved in from range).

Telaran

Default Static Shock Munitions

The buff is only adding .50% to critical hit power instead of 5%.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bladehawk View Post
    The buff is only adding .50% to critical hit power instead of 5%.
    Thanks for bringing this up. There is an issue with the Crit Power bonuses from talents for all callings. It is currently 10 times less effective and Engineering will be getting it fixed.

Any word on greaters working with bard?
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Any word on greaters working with bard?
    We are working on that. It did not make it into 2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    A couple of minor bugs, which have been around since at least 2.0.
    • Shadow Assault and Shadow Blitz sometimes fail to go off if they're in a macro with Shadow Stalk. They'll both be off cooldown, but it uses Shadow Stalk anyways (and no, I'm not stunned or disabled). I'm able to reproduce this almost 100% of the time when I initially pull a boss.
    I've run into this one. The issue is that Shadow Stalk is not on the global cooldown, where SA and SB are, so that you need to manually wait for the GCD to be up before using the macro if you dont want to use shadow stalk right off the bat.

whether this is intended or not, I don't know.
    Former Philanthropy RIFT Senior officer, current Philanthropy FFXIV senior officer

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    if you do not have the required hit you do not have enough of any other stat to meet the dps/heal/tank requirements of the content. Hit is a very effective way of ensuring that players meet the minimum requirements for defeating the content they are attempting.

Quote Originally Posted by Talamira View Post
    I've run into this one. The issue is that Shadow Stalk is not on the global cooldown, where SA and SB are, so that you need to manually wait for the GCD to be up before using the macro if you dont want to use shadow stalk right off the bat.

whether this is intended or not, I don't know.
    Shadow Stalk is on the global cooldown, though.

It does seem to be related to using it right after other abilities, though. I can now reliably reproduce it on a training dummy by going Quick Shot->Macro.
    Last edited by Muspel; 12-12-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Shadow Stalk is on the global cooldown, though.

It does seem to be related to using it right after other abilities, though. I can now reliably reproduce it on a training dummy by going Quick Shot->Macro.
    This is due to the exact same issue that prevents any hybrid builds using melee and ranged attacks because of the ICD on weapon swapping and assault/blitz requiring a melee weapon, quick/splinter requiring ranged weapon, and shadow stalk not requiring any weapon.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

Blade & Soul Parity appears to only be giving the critical hit chance increase, but is not giving the increase to critical hit damage.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

RIFT Guide Writer

Restorative Engine heals a lot now and I don't mean just the improved range and smart healing on it. The ticks seem a lot bigger than before. I wonder if this is the same thing as with Chloromancer healing currently.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Restorative Engine heals a lot now and I don't mean just the improved range and smart healing on it. The ticks seem a lot bigger than before. I wonder if this is the same thing as with Chloromancer healing currently.
    Its very likely this is related. We are working on a fix for the root issue.

~Daglar

CP generate based on an ability executed
    Heat Retention stacks based on an executed ability landing on an enemy
    Travel time that still exists create scenarios where you hit 5cp, using 1cp builders, and have 4 stacks of heat retention. Less of a bug and more of a flaw to the ability. Probably been around longer than 2.1 though.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

i shouldnt mention it but:

channeled spells like strafe and chain destruction still fire on (and do dmg) even if roque gets stunned/incapacitated during channeling. (not sure but i think even in rift prison.

in pve:
    when using chain destruction on imun npc (aka invasions freshly coming out of a rift) the channeled spell going doesnt do dmg on any tick even if the mobs are getting vulnerable inbetween.
    Last edited by Antigonos; 12-14-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    i shouldnt mention it but:

channeled spells like strafe and chain destruction still fire on (and do dmg) even if roque gets stunned/incapacitated during channeling. (not sure but i think even in rift prison.
    Checked this out and it happens on my other characters too.
    Ia m guessing it has something to do with channels being considered already casted.

i.e. A mage throws a fireball then gets silenced after the fireball is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by heihojin View Post

in pve:
    when using chain destruction on imun npc (aka invasions freshly coming out of a rift) the channeled spell going doesnt do dmg on any tick even if the mobs are getting vulnerable inbetween.
    Channeled abilities like strafe/sentry battery go based on the buffs/debuffs at the time of casting.
    I imagine they'd need to make every tick be a seperate damage roll.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast