Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rogue Bug Discussion - RIFT 2.1

Rift Disciple

I didnít see these two issues posted in this forum so I do not know if they are known issues.

The first involves Sentry Battery. During a Golem Foundry run I targeted one of the ranged automatons as you first enter the dungeon and then angle myself behind the tank and fire. The moment I fired the group across the room ran over and killed me. I was given some grief but told everyone it was impossible that I did it. When we came back in I carefully selected my target and then angled myself so the other group would be directly behind my line of fire. Sure enough the moment I hit SB they came over and kicked my teeth in again. I can reproduce this every time. (61 marks)

So the range of this ability is extending far beyond the target selected.

Also, I have been noticing that sometimes after my 5pt finisher I am getting a single combo point instead of the two combo points from the instant empowered shot. I decided to spend some time on test and see if I could figure out what is going on. When it occurred I stopped combat and looked at the combat text. No ES fired. There was a 13k hasted shot, munitions tick, dot tick from my weapon and then a swift shot swift shot again. Not a single empowered shot. This is the builder macro I use:

#show Swift Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered shot
    cast Swift Shot

This has been occurring a lot for me on both live and test. If we are missing an empowered shot that is a decent chunk of dps lost. I have been getting some weird ability lag problems in general so I wasnít sure if this was something to do with my lag or a bug in the spec. Has anyone else seen these issues?

Telaran

For the last problem you have, may be your "Skill queue" (Interface -> Action bar) is set to long, and not short.
    Exterm@Brisesol <Mea Culpa>

RIFT Guide Writer

In thhis post Ailion states that torrents are 8 meters wide (4 meter radius): http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post4130448

It's just not true, torrents are 4 meters wide (2 meter radius). This is both on live and PTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparo View Post
    I didn’t see these two issues posted in this forum so I do not know if they are known issues.

Also, I have been noticing that sometimes after my 5pt finisher I am getting a single combo point instead of the two combo points from the instant empowered shot. I decided to spend some time on test and see if I could figure out what is going on. When it occurred I stopped combat and looked at the combat text. No ES fired. There was a 13k hasted shot, munitions tick, dot tick from my weapon and then a swift shot swift shot again. Not a single empowered shot. This is the builder macro I use:

#show Swift Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered shot
    cast Swift Shot

This has been occurring a lot for me on both live and test. If we are missing an empowered shot that is a decent chunk of dps lost. I have been getting some weird ability lag problems in general so I wasn’t sure if this was something to do with my lag or a bug in the spec. Has anyone else seen these issues?
    Second one sounds like you didnt have enough energy for empowered, hence it didnt fire, and swift shot went off. Happens a lot, trying throwing a dead eye in everyonce in a while to not get as energy starved, especially if you have been using sentry battery and left yourself very energy starved.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 02-01-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    Second one sounds like you didnt have enough energy for empowered, hence it didnt fire, and swift shot went off. Happens a lot, trying throwing a dead eye in everyonce in a while to not get as energy starved, especially if you have been using sentry battery and left yourself very energy starved.
    Thanks. I was testing on the dummy so no aoe or anything fancy just spamming builder - finisher. But I am betting this is the issue. I will check into it more.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    In thhis post Ailion states that torrents are 8 meters wide (4 meter radius): http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post4130448

It's just not true, torrents are 4 meters wide (2 meter radius). This is both on live and PTS.
    I was not clear about the distance. This is not an AOE problem. The mobs to the sides did not react and they were all at equal distance. It was a linear extension of the ability. It was extending about 20 yards beyond my target. (estimate)

-- --- -- --- mobs

Me X-------Tank/Mobs-------------other mobs

-----------------mobs

I did this 4 times. First two times it caused wipes and then I figured it out and tested it twice more.
    Last edited by Sparo; 02-01-2013 at 01:26 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

I was not clear about the distance. This is not an AOE problem. The mobs to the sides did not react and they were all at equal distance. It was a linear extension of the ability. It was extending about 20 yards beyond my target. (estimate)

-- --- -- --- mobs

Me X-------Tank/Mobs-------------other mobs

-----------------mobs

I did this 4 times. First two times it caused wipes and then I figured it out and tested it twice more.
    I was not referring to your post. I was reporting a bug about tactician torrents.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post

Just set up some dummies in my dimension on PTS 1m apart. Was only able to set 4 of them on fire with infernal torrent at a time, never 5, when at a right angle to the line. So this is verified, torrents are only 4m wide.

It would also be nice if they could reach 35m with the MM range talent.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Thanks. I was testing on the dummy so no aoe or anything fancy just spamming builder - finisher. But I am betting this is the issue. I will check into it more.
    It is the issue.

Don't put items into macros with different power costs. Especially abilities you want ahead of others with higher power costs than the ones before it. If you spam you will always first off the split second available one that costs slightly less.

This is also why macro's totally suck. Nobody should need a macro for what you made. You have an entire 1s after every finisher to react and hit your Empowered Shot button. You will get far better results.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    necrotic bolt still has issues going on cd if used when the target is at 30% or less on occasion, most tacticians in general try to use this at 29% or less, just to make sure, but it still will go on cd at random.
    It should reset if the target is at 30%. The ability says it doesn't reset if the target is under 30%. 30% isn't considered being "under 30%".
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-01-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

It should reset if the target is at 30%. The ability says it doesn't reset if the target is under 30%. 30% isn't considered being "under 30%".
    er.. what?? all I'm saying is that at less than 30%, it goes onto normal CD randomly, even though it clearly should not, this usually only happens with the first hit (which means you generally miss out on the action by the time the cd is back)

were you agreeing? re-stating what has already been said? ....

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    Just set up some dummies in my dimension on PTS 1m apart. Was only able to set 4 of them on fire with infernal torrent at a time, never 5, when at a right angle to the line. So this is verified, torrents are only 4m wide.

It would also be nice if they could reach 35m with the MM range talent.
    er.. that's 8m wide on PTS atm.. not live.. live is still that meager 4m wide on center (meaning, what you aim at, the torrent will only go as wide as 2m left or right) the change to 8m is much needed, and after many complaints about the fact that a guy with a dagger can swipe mobs in front of him in a 6m path (which got bumped to 7m on pts) and that certainly a flame thrower should have a much more broad effect than a dagger...

8m wide is coming, the length issue is still at large, but 8m wide torrents will come with 2.2 at the least.

RIFT Guide Writer

er.. that's 8m wide on PTS atm.. not live.. live is still that meager 4m wide on center (meaning, what you aim at, the torrent will only go as wide as 2m left or right) the change to 8m is much needed, and after many complaints about the fact that a guy with a dagger can swipe mobs in front of him in a 6m path (which got bumped to 7m on pts) and that certainly a flame thrower should have a much more broad effect than a dagger...

8m wide is coming, the length issue is still at large, but 8m wide torrents will come with 2.2 at the least.
    That's the bug, it's not 8 meter wide on PTS so it's not coming unless it's fixed. I tested it both PTS+live and TroubleMagnet tested it on PTS. The change to 8 meter wide torrents just isn't there.

er.. what?? all I'm saying is that at less than 30%,

were you agreeing? re-stating what has already been said? ....
    necrotic bolt still has issues going on cd if used when the target is at 30%.
    You said it. Was just calling it like I saw it. You said going on CD when used at 30% and under. Correct would be if you said it has issues resetting when used under 30%. It is not suppose to reset at 30%.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-01-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

hm.. ailion said 8m dia.. I wonder.. did he make it cylindrical? as in.. now 4m vertically? (which would be a step closer to the issues with things above and below the elevation of the rogue, but is not 8m dia.., it is still only hitting 4m)

btw.. diameter is the distance from the furthest most points when bisected, or, the distance from center to the outside*2

if this is the case then Ailion, we still have an issue, by all means I should be able to cut a path through a jungle wide enough for a tank with but a dagger in hand.. and only make precision cuts with a flame thrower..... you see how this makes no sense at all right? and yet.. that is the current situation, aoe soul that lacks aoe.

any chance you could clarify? atm on pts it is not hitting 8m, as has been confirmed by several people running range finders.

(sorry guys, had to hop on and see for myself.. what I get for believing the words of purple...)
    Last edited by Mirimon; 02-02-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Reproduced this a few times - Necrotic Bolt will sometimes trigger a CD during the sub-30% phase where it should not have one. Usually happens after spamming it a few times.
    Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo ("If I cannot deflect the will of Heaven, I shall move Hell")

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast