+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bladedancer hotkey setup

Rift Chaser

Default Bladedancer hotkey setup

Curious to know how other players setup the hotkeys for 61 BD.

I have Binary on 1, Precision on 2, Quick on 3, Finisher on 4 and after that AOE attacks on 5, 6, 7. I have my reactive attacks on W and R. My interrupt is on Q. My 5 stances are Ctrl Q, Ctrl W, Ctrl A, Ctrl S and Ctrl Z.

I'm certain some of the more experienced BD players have a more efficient hotkey setup than that so please share it.

Thanks

Attachment 8627

The "Numpad" things are the side buttons on my Razer Naga mouse (which I highly recommend), so that I can do my rotation with my right hand while using my left hand to move.

I try to avoid putting anything that I use frequently on the number keys, because they're actually really inconvenient to use while moving, which makes it painful to DPS on the run. Instead, I use them for stuff that's important, but isn't necessarily used very often, like interrupts and purges.
    Last edited by Muspel; 12-12-2012 at 01:22 PM.

General of Telara

You don't necessarily need a Naga, but a mouse with a side button has made significant improvements to my game play. I own a Deathadder and have bound the 2 side buttons to CTRL and ALT and use those as modifiers to my base keys (1-4,Q,E,R,T,F,Z,X,C,V). Anything past the '4' key is too far for me to reach :s

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rescorla View Post
    Curious to know how other players setup the hotkeys for 61 BD.

I have Binary on 1, Precision on 2, Quick on 3, Finisher on 4 and after that AOE attacks on 5, 6, 7. I have my reactive attacks on W and R. My interrupt is on Q. My 5 stances are Ctrl Q, Ctrl W, Ctrl A, Ctrl S and Ctrl Z.

I'm certain some of the more experienced BD players have a more efficient hotkey setup than that so please share it.

Thanks
    Macro:
    cast flash of steel
    cast reprisal
    cast precision strike
    cast binary strike

That'll free up a few buttons. Also, you should be using precision strike instead of quick strike as thats an upgrade like binary strike is to keen strike.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by PlagueSD View Post
    Macro:
    Also, you should be using precision strike instead of quick strike as thats an upgrade like binary strike is to keen strike.
    This is really, really incorrect. Quick Strike does more damage than Precision Strike, Precision Strike is not it's "upgrade". To maximize damage you use both PS and QS in rotation e.g. Precision > Keen/Binary > Quick > Keen/Binary > Finisher.

To be honest I'd recommend that people use no macros at all with Bladedancer.
    Last edited by Kedon; 12-13-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Rift Disciple

Unless I'm looking at old data (I'm at work so can't look at tooltips in game). Precision strike does more damage, generates 2 combo points and can't be dodged or parried.

Quick Strike
    3 Meter Range
    24 Energy
    Instant

Deals 220 to 243 offhand damage. Must be used after the Rogue uses Keen Strike or Binary Strike. Awards 1 Combo Point.

Precision Strike
    3 Meter Range
    24 Energy
    Instant

Deals 228 to 252 offhand damage. Must be used after the Rogue uses Keen Strike or Binary Strike. Awards 2 Combo Points. Cannot be parried or dodged.

Quote Originally Posted by PlagueSD View Post
    Unless I'm looking at old data (I'm at work so can't look at tooltips in game). Precision strike does more damage, generates 2 combo points and can't be dodged or parried.

Quick Strike
    3 Meter Range
    24 Energy
    Instant

Deals 220 to 243 offhand damage. Must be used after the Rogue uses Keen Strike or Binary Strike. Awards 1 Combo Point.

Precision Strike
    3 Meter Range
    24 Energy
    Instant

Deals 228 to 252 offhand damage. Must be used after the Rogue uses Keen Strike or Binary Strike. Awards 2 Combo Points. Cannot be parried or dodged.
    Your data is wrong. Take a look at the in-game tooltips.

Also, using macros with Bladedancer is a bad idea. You should never, ever be using the same ability twice in a row, and keeping everything separate makes it much simpler to track what you're doing.
    Last edited by Muspel; 12-13-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Rift Disciple

Yep, got home and checked tooltips. I only macro the builders. all the finishers are on separate buttons because you need to keep the buffs active for Dauntless strike and Guarded steel. Guess I'll have to redo my hotbar setup.

That'll teach me to go by website tooltip info..

Macroing the builders is a bad idea, too. It makes you unable to adjust your rotation during Dualism, and it creates macro lag for the sake of simplifying an already trivial rotation.

+ Reply to Thread