+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogues in pvp.

Default Rogues in pvp.

How are rogues in pvp at level 60? i'm obviously below the level cap, but i'm kinda wanting to level a mage instead, I remember when mages were way better than rogues for about a year before they adjusted rogues somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Ascendant

At the moment you have one spec that is a bit OP: NB/RS

You have one spec that is perhaps a slight bit OP: MM

And you have a few specs that are decent, all-around specs: SIN/RS, Tac builds, Battlebard

So we have some decent diversity.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

We're awful
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Walker

Can bring a healer down 100% to 0% in a in the middle of enemy team. I die in like 10 seconds though when people notice me.

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    At the moment you have one spec that is a bit OP: NB/RS

can you link that spec details plz

You really need a link to NB/RS? It's pretty much the same as the one pre-1.11. Only with added awesome from stances.

I've seen some sick DoT ticks from tact/NB too that utilizes SOD to really bring the pain from 30m with bolts.

But we're in a decent-ish place, I feel. I can kill and get killed as an MM, but then again, what do I know? I've only been stuck in this role for the past, what, 8 months?
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

I tried nb/rs and its not even close to OP. Those people say you can 2-3 global anyone is wrong and the only way it is good burst is if you go deep in nb. nb/MM is more OP than nb/rs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I tried nb/rs and its not even close to OP. Those people say you can 2-3 global anyone is wrong and the only way it is good burst is if you go deep in nb. nb/MM is more OP than nb/rs.
    You havent played it right, not sure how you can do that but meh. Its always been too tanky for the damage it does now its just even better. MM is also way too strong. i dont think anyone says it takes 3 globals to kill people with it, it just takes a ridiculous amount of beating and once their CD's are up they can port back to the safety of their healers. Lets not start defending the build, if you are you are either clueless or want to keep the build for easymode

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    You havent played it right, not sure how you can do that but meh.
    Apparently I'm not playing it right either.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Plane Touched

rogues are fine in pvp, NB/RS is tricky. if play it good you will be so powerfull

Quote Originally Posted by Valsamis1985 View Post
    rogues are fine in pvp, NB/RS is tricky. if play it good you will be so powerfull
    ..so powerfull no1 stands a chance in 1vs1, is this what u were trying to say? no other class is having any chance 1vs1 against a nb/rs average player

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Quarolise View Post
    ..so powerfull no1 stands a chance in 1vs1, is this what u were trying to say? no other class is having any chance 1vs1 against a nb/rs average player
    i say that NB/RS is tricky... there are many combination builds! make the right one and you will be powerfull... i dont care about other classes

PvP is not, and never has been balanced around 1v1.

Telaran

I think some of it just comes down to what you know and what you've spent your time playing.

I have done okay as NB/RS in the past, but my natural playstyle is geared toward MM/RS, and consequently that's where I excel and do well.

+ Reply to Thread