+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue PVP weapons and stats

Soulwalker

Default Rogue PVP weapons and stats

Hello,

I just hit level 60 and have enough favor saved up to by my Mercenary's set of pvp gear. I am trying to figure out what weapons I can use for my rogue. My two main roles are tactician healing/support for pvp and leech melee dps for when I pve.

Perhaps around 1.8 I was trying to figure out what weapons to use as a rogue and fit well into Planar Attunement. I definitely want guns rather than bows. The problem I had was Planar Attunement didn't have a combination for Guns/Daggers, which is what the pvp vendor typically offers to rogues. Air was for bows/daggers, which seemed an obvious fit, but nothing for Guns/xxxx worked for rogue.

A few helpful people on the forums pointed out that if you unchecked filtered items, you could get the swords that warriors used, and the way stats worked at the time, str was still good for rogue as compared to dex. This let me do guns/swords in PA and have a set that made sense. And, I just like the look of the bigger weapons as compared to daggers.

Now in 2.0 I just hit level 60, and find that things have changed. Planar attunement now doesn't specify guns or bows in each element, instead just saying "ranged", so I seem to have a lot wider range of PA options. Since my old "tier 3" niahlist pvp swords are junk now and I'm not stuck in an upgrade path, this is my opportunity to change. Once I buy a new set of pvp weapons again I'm stuck into another upgrade path again.

I am worried swords are a bad choice because of their higher str compared to dex, however axes seem to have the same stats as daggers, and might be an option. How bad would swords be, in the current game, and what pairs good with guns nowadays? Thanks a ton for your time and insight on this, I hate feeling like I may have made the wrong decision on something like this.

Soulwalker

bump bump

Telaran

For the PvP weapons, Guns / Bows have the same stats, so which one you want is totally up to what kind of item you think look better.

I am currently using Daggers since they have higher Dex, and i specced into Dagger in PA.

There is no "which melee weapon works better with what ranged weapon", ranged weapons are the same, melee weapons are slightly different but you should get the one you have chosen more in PA.

+ Reply to Thread