+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best "Stabby" build for soloing in Storm Legion?

Rift Disciple

Default Best "Stabby" build for soloing in Storm Legion?

Howdy,

Came back to Rift for SL. So far I tried Tactician (super fun in groups), Ranger/MM (a bit too weak for me atm in SL).

I would like to find a good melee rogue build using daggers, and maybe poison and stealth.
    Fastest single target killing in Storm Legion would be the goal.

There are a TON of rogue melee builds out there but I cannot tell which are valid if any for the harder mobs in SL.

Any recommendations for a PvE only S melee rogue for Storm Legion would be super. Currently level 51 with the SL starter gear.

Thank you in advance.

Shadowlander

Default Stabby stab

I've been running NB/RS. Put 4 in tactician for curative engine as your 3rd soul.
    Survivability is superb so far.

I'm only lvl 56 so far, but it burns down single targets fast as hell, has stealth, a 50% hp self heal, stealth, cc and half decent AoE. I was leveling as a Tactician, but found I spent almost a much time healing myself as I did hitting the mobs due to torrents hitting through mobs.

Tactician is awesome to play, but NB/RS/tact is so much smoother for questing once you get into it.

Shadowlander

I mentioned stealth twice due to the fact I haven't had enough coffee yet!
    Plus, stealth is just great

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by deschain5585 View Post
    I've been running NB/RS. Put 4 in tactician for curative engine as your 3rd soul.
    Survivability is superb so far.

I'm only lvl 56 so far, but it burns down single targets fast as hell, has stealth, a 50% hp self heal, stealth, cc and half decent AoE. I was leveling as a Tactician, but found I spent almost a much time healing myself as I did hitting the mobs due to torrents hitting through mobs.

Tactician is awesome to play, but NB/RS/tact is so much smoother for questing once you get into it.
    Thanks much deschain, would love to try it. Do you have a link to the build and/or macros?

Shadowlander

Default Build.

I can link you the build/few macros I use.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#wkGlaGgGBn4/tkR0j/Tf

Macros I don't have to hand. You'll want to keep up Scourge of DarknessFiery Spike though.
    I usually open with Dark Malady from stealth for the 20% dmg bonus too.
    Build heat retention stacks to 5, pop Twilight Force to apply State of Sloth for another 10% dmg boost, then unload Blazing Strike or Flame Thrust depending in what you need.

For AoE, I have Fiery Chains & Weapon Flare macroed together. Flame blitz is your AoE finisher, but it also spreads around Fiery Spike.

I'm far from an expert though, I'm sure there's wiser players than me about that can tweak it for you.

I enjoyed maximum point assassin spec with NB/RS souls to aid DPS potential, for my solo leveling/daily questing.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I enjoyed maximum point assassin spec with NB/RS souls to aid DPS potential, for my solo leveling/daily questing.
    The build I posted took its inspiration from the old bloodstalker build (Sin/Rs). I tried it for levelling in SL. It still hits hard, but to me using NB instead of Sin felt better.

Granted you lose some of the tricks assassins have, but you can still lock down a mob if needs be (and at better range too). Both styles of play do work though. There's a lot less porting around with a NB build compared to the Sin versions you'll find posted about. And I found having some ranged + AoE abilities left me better prepared for whatever I can across.

Play around though and see which you enjoy. You have enough roles to run both if you like.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by deschain5585 View Post
    I can link you the build/few macros I use.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#wkGlaGgGBn4/tkR0j/Tf

Macros I don't have to hand. You'll want to keep up Scourge of DarknessFiery Spike though.
    I usually open with Dark Malady from stealth for the 20% dmg bonus too.
    Build heat retention stacks to 5, pop Twilight Force to apply State of Sloth for another 10% dmg boost, then unload Blazing Strike or Flame Thrust depending in what you need.

For AoE, I have Fiery Chains & Weapon Flare macroed together. Flame blitz is your AoE finisher, but it also spreads around Fiery Spike.

I'm far from an expert though, I'm sure there's wiser players than me about that can tweak it for you.
    Awesome, thanks much for this, I will try it today :-)

dbe
    General of Telara

No stealth, but max BD with 7 Tac and 8 RS is very good at both ST and AOE (a large AOE pull means you're probably burning your dodge buff due to most healing coming at the first death).

I found other combos to either be light on one or the other, but BD seems to handle ST and AOE pretty well.

_Here's my leveling Sin/RS guide copy/pasta off guild forum ..which I still use in Open World_
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________

-Sinner-
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...y9iBlaGiF8w/Tf

That's what I got going right now. It's a little slower than Blard, but does more DPS and can keep up near the same HPS in PvE. It's also nice being able to Stealth through everything.
    I haven't decided whether I want to take points out of RS and put into Sin for Leaping Plunge or take points out of Sin and put into RS for Shadow Blitz, this build really needs another gap closer.

-Buffs-
    Hidden Veil
    Curative Engine
    Stalker Phase
    Planebound Resilience
    Leeching Poison
    Malicious Poison

-My Macro-
    #show Backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Serpent Strike
    cast Empyrean Bolt
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Thread of Death
    cast Break Free
    cast Cleanse Soul

This build requirest more thought than the Blard, but it's still pretty damned simple. I usually open with Paralyzing Strike, then if I don't hit the macro too hard - ToD usually pops at the beginning of the next cycle, and then I use Jagged Strike. I keep ToD and Shadow Assault on a hotkey so I can see what the CD is on them.
    Rift Disturbance/Necrotic Torrent for AoE

-_-OR-_- Simplified:
    Open with Paralyzing Strike
    Put Jagged Strike in macro after Backstab.

**Note: They actually seemed to improve on macro lag quite a bit, so just put Jagged Strike under Backstab and open with Paralyzing Strike (or open with Jagged if ToD is gonna be on CD for a while).

3 Weeks Later:I still haven't decided whether to go deeper RS or Sin, or just keep it how it is.

Spam Macro.
    Keep up Puncture.
    Keep up Impale.
    Final Blow.

Foul Play and get in some Backstabbing.

Use utility.

And for everything else..
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...uge-facts.html

Done.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________

.....Any Ranged on Seastone, forget what you saw here.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

+ Reply to Thread