+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keen Strike Bug?

Default Keen Strike Bug?

On rare occasions when playing my solo Bladedancer spec, Keen Strike does not enable Quick Strike-- instead, I get an "Invalid Equipped Weapon" error message, and I have to use Keen Strike again.

I'm not getting disarmed, and I'm not missing, so... I don't really know what's causing this. I have no idea if the same bug exists with Binary Strike, because I haven't really played 61BD at all.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    On rare occasions when playing my solo Bladedancer spec, Keen Strike does not enable Quick Strike-- instead, I get an "Invalid Equipped Weapon" error message, and I have to use Keen Strike again.

I'm not getting disarmed, and I'm not missing, so... I don't really know what's causing this. I have no idea if the same bug exists with Binary Strike, because I haven't really played 61BD at all.
    I get that same "Invalid Equipped Weapon" message when I use Fiery Spike. I haven't seen that message when I'm in my BD spec.

Ascendant

I never noticed the Invalid Equipped Weapon message but I've had it not light up Quick/Precision for me a few times; not sure about Keen but definitely Binary. Usually happens when I'm using it while running at the same time. Though it's rare and can't reproduce it reliably.

(specced in 5-mans with 61bd/9sin/6rng when I see it if that helps, though I doubt that has anythin to do with it)
    Last edited by Kedon; 12-07-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Telaran

Default re

This bug has been out since we started to get patches to get ready for SL.

Sorry i dont have anymore info to add to it though.

Does this build involve any ranged attacks at all? Ie. attacks that calculate off your ranged weapon?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Does this build involve any ranged attacks at all? Ie. attacks that calculate off your ranged weapon?
    Not that are part of the regular rotation. I have Empyrean Bolt which is used for pulling mobs, but I don't use it when I'm in melee range.

Shadowlander

Not that are part of the regular rotation. I have Empyrean Bolt which is used for pulling mobs, but I don't use it when I'm in melee range.
    Having any soul with the ranged autoattack ability will trigger this bug if the mob moves sufficiently far at any point between the gcds to switch over from melee to ranged AAs, and that distance is relatively small.

Shadowlander

This happens to me all the time, I can be within 1m of the mob and it still fires off Empyrean Bolt. This only happens when I tag at distance then rush into melee range. Using a finisher or an AoE melee attack will put you back to using melee abilities, or, you can take Empyrean Bolt out of your builder macro and put it on its own key.

Quote Originally Posted by Garluk View Post
    This happens to me all the time, I can be within 1m of the mob and it still fires off Empyrean Bolt. This only happens when I tag at distance then rush into melee range. Using a finisher or an AoE melee attack will put you back to using melee abilities, or, you can take Empyrean Bolt out of your builder macro and put it on its own key.
    It's not in my builder macro, because I don't use a builder macro.

I use Keen Strike, and it doesn't enable Quick Strike.

Ascendant

Been paying closer attention the past couple days for this one. The bug (Keen/Binary Strike occasionally not lighting up Quick/Precision) seems to occur when I'm standing on the very edge of melee range, where it would be possible to use ranged attacks if I wanted (no I don't have a ranged ability macro'd in on BD).

As another player said above I kind of suspect it's some weirdness from your character automatically switching from melee auto attacks to ranged weapon auto attacks (via the passive 'ranged weapon mastery' talent in the Rogue ranged souls) causing Keen/Binary Strike to sometimes misfire and not light up the off-hand attacks.
    Last edited by Kedon; 12-11-2012 at 01:11 PM.

I see this all the time while playing Tactician builds and transitioning from ranged to melee distance and I've bugged it to Trion.

I imagine it's worse in Bladedancer if it's preventing Quick Strike from becoming enabled, but for Tactician it's not terribly inconvenient.
    Last edited by Zazen; 12-11-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Rift Master

With my bard, I see it all that time, where I get an "Enemy too close" error on my screen when I try to attack. Next cast will get off fine without having to move.

+ Reply to Thread