+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is bard worth it?

Default Is bard worth it?

As the title says. Is bringing a Bard into an expert dungeon worth it? I love playing a bard but every time I am in a dungeon I am told "switch to dps."

Obviously our healing is lackluster. I am mainly concerned with the buffs/debuffs and DPS gains.

So basically, with all the buffs and debuffs, will the party's overall damage be better than just running as a dps?

I typically contribute about 4k dps, which is about 3k less than running as MM. But I feel like after adding in all the buffs, each dpser's dps should increase by at least 1.5k right? That would make up my lack of dps, not including the tanks dps increase and the healing help (which I'm sure is minor).

depending on the fight bard seems viable to me. people are just stuck thinking bard is ONLY AE healing when in fact you can play it for a debuff/buff dps spec.

Short answer: yes
    Long answer: it's optimal, bards are versatile so can switch between healing and dps to cater to the encounter. A bard also raises the dps of each member in the group by about 2k by my estimation. That means if a bard goes full dps they're doing 4-5k plus adding about 4k dps to the group so their overall contribution is 9k, more then any dps class. Add onto that that even if the bard goes full dps they help buff the healer and tank to make their job easier.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-06-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

Ah, yes, Mayi, but who in those group mentalities think..................uh, that way , aheh, lol.

All, any of them have to do is look at the numbers the correct way and they would see it, but they don't take that type of time to actually figure it out.

YES, BARDS are worth it >>>> all the maths have shown it, have your hard headed folks in those groups come read the in-depth threads posted ever since 1.11 about it, and the Beta threads about it, its all there folks.

Those people who have stuck it out actually do know how to Bard for DPS, and mix in healing when needed, OR Heal support and mix in DPS support if needed; otherwise who in their right mind would want to Bard and listen to all the crap you other folks put out in group settings about what you think you know about being a Bard.

Go Talk to people who actually figured it out, and some wisened folks who took the time to understand, like Grinnz, Mayi, etc. (sorry I know I missed alot of the named ones who worked hard on the maths and numbers).....its worth it.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 12-06-2012 at 05:04 PM.

See Sig for answer
    Even free cost too much now

Getting the dps eked out with a bard is do-able, but needs more work than a 1 button 61mm spec. AND you can heal!
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Awesome news all. Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to make sure the math backed up my thoughts.

I can now start telling my group with confidence that bard is better than another dps! Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread