+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Heat Retention issue

Default Heat Retention issue

After making a video and looking closely, I figured out why in WF's I kept ending up at 5cp with 4 stacks of heat retention (using only 1cp point generating abilities). There is a very slight travel time delay with Tactician ranged abilities (and other abilities I'm sure, Tact was just what I was using) and it turns out if your target dies before your hit lands, you don't get the stack of Heat Retention. However, CP points generate based on executing the ability, not the ability landing.

Would it be reasonable to have Heat Retention work in this fashion? It creates stacks on your character based on executing a CP ability, not whether it lands on the target? It is not a epic issue, but it is slightly frustrating sometimes constantly hitting 5cp with 4 stacks due to this.

2c
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-06-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Same deal with Cleric's Life/Death Concord + Unified theory, which is why you sometimes get hit with 2 bolt of depravities from the same cleric in 1.5s.

Are you using a gun or a bow? Has anyone noticed if this matters anymore?

would love to see this change go in. fully support the idea presented here.

may "Fiery Chains" add an additional CP! Yes also in Single Target.

"Deals 386 to 426 Fire damage to up to 6 enemies. Awards 1 Combo Point, with an additional 50% chance on each enemy hit to add an additional Combo Point."
    Last edited by Nephenee; 12-06-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Klick me

Rift Master

Noticed this issue when experimenting with saboteur and NB as subsoul. HE stacks only get added when the CP ability deals damage. Shrapnel charge would grant 5 HE stacks as each charge deals damage individually. The DoT charges however, get put into a single stack and grant 1 HE stack with 5CP. Caltrop can grant 5 stacksif the dot gets applied on 5 targets.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

All damage proc buffs like HE, Cruel Vengeance, Auxiliary Plan etc, are triggered only when the damage lands, and not on execution. We are not going to systematically change all of it at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread