+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Maniken50

Thread: Riftstalker threat issues vs. a cleric tank

Default Riftstalker threat issues vs. a cleric tank

Hi,

I wonder if its only my issue , but when playing in a multi tank environment the same issues that existed
    pre-SL are observed if not worse.
    For example I'm usually tanking along with a cleric tank in Frozen Tempest.
    I'm pulling Gelidra and hitting it several times with Planar Strike while having Vortex on,
    losing aggro to the cleric tank who just hits the boss 1-2 times.
    I hit the mob again and taunt the boss. After several seconds the aggro is gone again.
    Sometimes I can keep the target after one taunt, but sometimes 2 are needed.

We need threat modifiers adjusted ...
    Not even talking about AoE threat differences.
    Sharp - Moirae - Icewatch - EU
    http://moirae.guildlaunch.com
    Balaenae nobis conservandae sunt!

I believe threat fixes are still in progress for Cleric tanks.

Ive noticed some strange issues too.. Like after porting onto a boss with planar vortex up and whacking it, it will change targets. So ill force taunt it but then it changes target again. This may not be aggro loss, it may just be target switching. Ill have to check for the red raid window next time. It definitely is annoying. I notice it a lot more in SL but rarely pre SL.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Hi,

I wonder if its only my issue , but when playing in a multi tank environment the same issues that existed
    I'm pulling Gelidra and hitting it several times with Planar Strike while having Vortex on,
    I hit the mob again and taunt the boss. After several seconds the aggro is gone again.

maybe get the cleric to wait 10 seconds before attacking? i understand not wanting to miss out on his crazy deeps and salvation heals...

I became one of the de-facto tanks in my guild because I got geared out in tank stuff thanks to rng faster than others.

Can't really say I've seen your issues, and we've been gibbing bosses in FT since week 1 of SL.

Though I've worked with our cleric tank for a while now, perhaps he's accommodating on his end... but I wouldn't be able to tell you.

The only thing I can say is that threat stays where its needed for us between myself, a rogue tank, and the cleric tank.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Soulwalker

I personally play both a Cleric and Rogue tank. I can tell you that the Cleric tank... needs to L2P. There is no need to spam the hell out of DoL, DoB, or... anything really. Yes, I can instantly pull agro off any other tank when playing my Cleric, but I know when it needs to be done and when I need to control myself. 1 single DoL *will not* give you agro issues like that. They must be spamming something... thus playing Cleric tank wrong for that phase.

As for my experience on my Rogue? There is one Cleric tank I do not pull agro off. This is because she plays Cleric tank.. the *right* way. She understands her agro is through the roof and she plays accordingly. Its the same thing for DPS, really. Do DPS need to burn all their cool downs directly after pull? **** no. It's suicide. Same thing applies here, just in a different fashion. Tell your Cleric tank to take it easy. If he/she says he/she is only pressing one thing.... he/she is full of ****.. or you just don't have Guardian Phase up. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Hi,

I've seen this on Gelidra as well. I take the elemental that comes up during the add phase, while he gets the large group of birds. I hit the elemental with shadow blitz, planar strike, phantom blow, and a taunt and still see it run right to the cleric. Sometimes it comes back to me, sometimes I have to wait for one or two more full on taunts before it comes to me.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Plane Walker

Cleric tank definitely needs to hold on threat or be the first one tanking in any tank swap encounter.
    Akx - Blackout@Deepwood
    http://riftblackout.com

+ Reply to Thread