+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Are most rogue ranged weapons guns or bows?

Shadowlander

Default Are most rogue ranged weapons guns or bows?

I know this seems like a silly question, but I'd really like to know. I've always avoided gun-toting classes in mmo's. Thanks!

There are Crossbows to, came with SL expansion.
    AFK.

What? Really? Where? I haven't seen a xbow yet 0.o

For the OP: They come in both gun and bow varieties, and it's mostly personal preference now on which you want (bar raid drops)

Gun FTW though for pvp!!!
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

won't do guns. In any MMO I've played, it's just a thing I can't do. I stick with the bows all the way. Crossbow may be cool though... Guns? No
    http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1369/meiunesignature2012.jpg

I prefer guns. I used to prefer bows but guns allow for better costumes/wardrobes. How can I look like a cowboy or stormtrooper with a bow?

Either way, I'm still hoping one day they allow wardrobe weapon slots. Along with our armor the weapon we use is pretty defining is how our character looks.
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-06-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

It used to be that guns were superior because of flight time and positional identification thanks to the drawn line to your bow . . . but ever since we got laser bows now that was fixed. So it really doesn't matter, it's more an aesthetic thing. I hate the gun noises though, so annoying. There is a pretty good selection either way you want to go.

I like guns but I do admit strafe looks cooler with a bow.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Soulwalker

I prefer bows because I like the smooth "draw and release" animation much better than the bouncing "rifle recoil" animation. I would use rifles if I could find a cool chupalla style hat and a duster coat to stick in the wardrobe.

Anyone know any pieces that look like that?

My main concern is that the weapons with 53 hit seem to favor bows for crit chance and guns for AP. I want a good bow with AP.

Or a cool hat and duster if I'm going to use rifles.
    Last edited by Alexastaris; 12-06-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Alexastaris View Post
    I prefer bows because I like the smooth "draw and release" animation much better than the bouncing "rifle recoil" animation. I would use rifles if I could find a cool chupalla style hat and a duster coat to stick in the wardrobe.

My main concern is that the weapons with 53 hit seem to favor bows for crit chance and guns for AP. I want a good bow with AP.

I've actually noticed that bows seem to favor tanks and guns favor dps. Seems backwards from before SL came out. Same with daggers vs. swords. Daggers are supposed to be a DPS "stabby" weapon. Now all the daggers have dodge/parry/deflect on them and the swords are the weapons with AP/crit/crit power. How I I supposed to sneak behind someone and do the "stabby stabby" thing with a sword??? and how is a tank supposed to deflect stuff with a tiny dagger?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexastaris View Post

I had a couple of cool duster outfits that were green gear in the level 28-38 range. So they are out there.

I prefer guns because the whole "draw and release" animation feels weak to me. Shooting things especiannly in pvp makes me feel like I'm more powerful and that my bullets make a dent.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    I prefer guns because the whole "draw and release" animation feels weak to me. Shooting things especiannly in pvp makes me feel like I'm more powerful and that my bullets make a dent.
    That's the beauty of an arrow. Its shape and sectional density allow it to do as much or more damage as a bullet impacting with 47x more kinetic energy. Its far quieter both in game and out. Although slower than a bullet, it's still far too fast for human reaction time, despite what '80's ninja movies would have you believe. It's beautiful.

On the other hand, a wide-brimmed had, dust coat and rifle really looks pretty awesome

I have a gun rogue I try to dress in a steam-punk fashion and a bow rogue who is naked

Soulwalker

I don't understand why people don't want to use guns in mmos they have been around for hundreds of years IRL and as long as they aren't using modern gun models It should be fine IMO.

Because MMO's are a fantasy world, and in *MY* world, I don't want to use guns. I never have and I never will. I don't care if others use them, I just won't do it. Why is that so hard to understand? People have their preferences.
    http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1369/meiunesignature2012.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast