+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue stat comparison

Telaran

Default Rogue stat comparison

Hi guys, i havnt found a thread about how to compare different stats as a rogue, so i thought i'd make some research and share it with the rest of you.

All these calculations were made on a lvl 60 character that has no souls points spent, so that all information is relevant to any specc. Exception was made when testing deflection, points were spent in armor and endurance increasing souls so they did not affect other calculations.

AP = Attack Power
    CR = Crit Rating (Physical Crit in-game)
    CP = Crit Power
    DR = Dodge Rating
    DfR = Deflect Rating
    PR = Parry Rating
    HP = Health Points

Stat gains:

1 Dexterity = 0,75AP, 0,5CR, 1DR, 1DfR
    1 Strength = 0,25AP, 0,5CR, 1PR
    1 Endurance = 10HP

When comparing items a good rule of thumbs is that 4 Dexterity is the same as 1 3AP, 4 Strength is the same as 1AP and that 2 Dexterity or Strength (or 1 of both) is 1CR.

Example:

Hood of the Pro Rogue
    +52 Dexterity
    +40 Strength
    +20 AP
    +28 CR
    +25 Hit

Hood of the Cool Rogue
    +40 Dexterity
    +44 Strength
    +30 AP
    +33 CR
    +25 Hit

Alot of people wont be sure which one of these are better, hell when i look at them i dont know which one is better. But the general rule of thumbs when looking at rogue gear is Hit > Dex > AP > (CR & CP) so most players will go with the first hood, since they both have the same +Hit and the first one has more dexterity... and the other stats are not that much different.

However, when we make the calculations we get a total of:

Hood of the Pro Rogue vs Hood of the Cool Rogue
    +69 AP < +71 AP
    +74 CR < +75 CR
    +52 DR > +40 DR
    +52 DfR > +40 DfR
    +40 PR < + 44 PR

Which shows that Hood of the Cool Rogue is obviously the better one for a DPS rogue. But for a tanking item, there is an alot of other stuff we have to take into consideration and i dont have all that information so i'll leave it to someone else.

Rating to percentage

When it comes to converting ratings to actual percentages, i ran into a few problems that i could not solve at the moment, so i had to work around them. This job would be alot easier as a Runecrafter since you could make the small runes and easier hit the big even numbers to get exact calculations, but i did my best to do it anyway, and surprisingly i managed to hit alot of different 100-marks so i would call my calculations somewhat accurate, but the general idea is solid.

1AP = 0,2DPS (as shown in the stats board, not as actual DPS increase during a boss fight)
    1% Dodge ~= 235,5 DR
    1% Parry ~= 235,5 PR
    1% Deflect ~= 78,5 DfR (3% Deflect ~= 235,5 DfR)
    1% Crit ~= 125,95 CR

These numbers have been tested at both small and huge differences in stats and are generally almost equal.

If i got something wrong, feel free to correct me in a reply.

Telaran

I would have loved to make a part to this contribution that would have discussed and compared AP, CR and CP and explored at what points the priority changes. Because i guess we can all agree that as your AP gets higher, your CR and CP becomes more beneficial. And then im sure there is also a distinct point that shows when CR is better than CP. But since all my assumptions around how the DPS stat gained from AP works seemed to be wrong, i cant really do any real calculations on the subject, and would rather have to test it manually.

This is one of the things im going to try and wrap my head around at a later point, it would also be quite cool if someone could share their previous knowledge on the matter.. or anything else rogue related for that matter.

I only just hit 60 after owning the game for about 10 days and havnt really learned all the mechanics yet

I was planning to make a spreadsheet to sim out the DPS values of the stats for Bladedancer (and maybe make spreadsheets for other souls after that), but I ran into a similar problem-- I can't figure out the exact effect of AP and weapon damage on any given ability's damage.

If you're able to work out the formulas, let me know I can get to work on figuring out stat weights.

I started working on this a few days ago. I'm still trying to figure out the calculations myself. However i did make a comparison So i know exactly what stats gains or loss I will have before I bid or replace gear. As i discover more gear ill add it to the list. I'm also going to add all the purchased gear tonight after i get home

Keep in mind the stats are all based on GEAR only no talents included. I still need to get the stats from PA levels and General Character level information to give the actual total.

I don't have a Gear score formula i like yet. Currently its based on AP since right now AP seems to give the most benefit until we get raid geared.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WNXYWVSZ0JnN2c
    Last edited by daphat79; 12-05-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daphat79 View Post
    I started working on this a few days ago. I'm still trying to figure out the calculations myself. However i did make a comparison So i know exactly what stats gains or loss I will have before I bid or replace gear. As i discover more gear ill add it to the list. I'm also going to add all the purchased gear tonight after i get home

Keep in mind the stats are all based on GEAR only no talents included. I still need to get the stats from PA levels and General Character level information to give the actual total.

I don't have a Gear score formula i like yet. Currently its based on AP since right now AP seems to give the most benefit until we get raid geared.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WNXYWVSZ0JnN2c
    BTW Any input is welcome

Telaran

Default Need info about augments

Btw, what stats does Stellar Keen / Nimble augments give to Head / Belt / Ring / Seal ?

Apparently i should use different augments on different items.
    Last edited by Stabbzalot; 12-05-2012 at 04:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread