+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My MM DPS Build

Soulwalker

Default My MM DPS Build

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#z8Egw/AkAAAAAk8w/wn0

I am sure this is not perfect, so suggestions are welcome.

The biggest thing to remember with this is to get to 5 combo points, use Headshot, then use strafe, (since headshot is a ranger ability it does not reset the cooldown of empowered shot). Since strafe has a shorter cooldown I tend to go, Empowered->Strafe->Headshot->Quick Reload->Strafe->MM Finisher

Macros are pretty standard:

Builder:
    #show Empowered Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Shot
    cast Swift Shot

Finisher:
    #show Rapid Fire Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

Interesting. Never thought to try the extra point in Ranger to get the extra dmg from Headshot.

What kind of numbers are you parsing from this build?

Rift Disciple

Besides the point if this is optimal or not, the rotation would be improved upon if you manually add in splinter shot every 10s. It's 5k damage base, so unless the thing is going to die before it ticks, it's lost damage to not use it.

I would take the points out of nightblade and put them into assassin. 10% physical damage and then 3% extra damage on crits SOUNDS better than nightblade in theory but I obviously do not have any parses to back this up.

It is very difficult to beat 61 MM's Free Recoil in terms of damage as it increases the usage of empowered throughout a fight quite substantially. The only ranged build that wins out over 61MM variants without fail on a dummy is a hybrid ranger/MM setup that requires a very squishy raptor. Situational at best.

This has been what I've been using: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#y90/AkGlllkGGyy/wg
    Last edited by Tigolbitties; 12-04-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Soulwalker

I will try it with splinter shot in there, it was left out to make everything instant. The idea of the build was to keep it simple and I had just been surprised how well it had working. Granted most of my expert runs are with guildies, but I have been doing anywhere from 8-10k dps. I appreciate the feedback here. It seems I need to spend some time on a dummy.

just going to assume that not having a point in lock-n-load was a mistake and isnt really how u have your spec. The only use I have seen for 51 MM is the lethal poison MM build. I also 100% agree that putting that 8 in sin instead of NB would jump dps as well. magnify pain is pretty sick dps increase.

Telaran

OK I normally use the 42/34 hybrid w/o DS and this one can put out around 7400-ish with no consumables on the dummy. What I dont like about this spec is the pet which die quite often since the patch.

Also I tried 61mm/10sin/5nb which provides great mobility and no cast ability but the most it can put out for me is 7k-ish.

Remember my gears are all lvl 60 blues with the total of 1900 AP with 2 pieces and a MM crystal.

What I dont know if the numbers are reasonable for the gears I have atm. Anyone ?
    Last edited by oakk; 12-05-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Plane Touched

7k on the dummy seems to be ok, got 2882 AP unbuffed with raid Gun and I get about 10.2k pre starvation, 9.6 after the first starvation circle till about 2:30 on the dummy.

With your gear and for experts you should probably switch to 10 ranger 5 nb (5% crit, 5% AP buff and 8% phys dmg from ranger) which performs slightly better if you don't crit continuously (which you simply will not until you get a bit better gear or if you are in a raid setting).

Get back to 10 sin 5 nb once your gear is a little better.

+ Reply to Thread