+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help! Good MM pvp build

Telaran

Default Need help! Good MM pvp build

Hi guys,

I have been looking around alot and trying some stuff out, but i cant really decide what build i should use for PvP as a person who enjoys playing as a marksman.

Im open for any solution, Im currently using this build:

44mm/31rgr/5rs

I enjoy it for the high damage and reduced healing on target which helps bring down healers / carriers. However i dont feel like this is the ultimate build, so all thoughts are welcome.

I was looking at the tree calculator and thought it would be interesting to hear your oppinion on this build aswell:

49mm/19rgr/12bd

It has a little bit more survivability, a snare, more movement speed and the reason i have 12 points in bd is to get the 20m interupt, i know there is one in the mm tree but the bd one silences for 5 seconds if successful. Which means if i silence a healer he will be very easy to kill. Might not be worth losing the Greater Dire Wolf pet aswell as some dps for tho... your thoughts?

Im looking forward to all and any responses.
    Last edited by Stabbzalot; 12-03-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Telaran

ok so i learned that i should not use rift.zam.com in the future since it says i can utilize 80 points at lvl 60.

here is the build im building for atm: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...Fk8/z8G8wFkc/t

here is the second build: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...kll2/z8kg/x8ho

46 MM 22 BD 8 Rift

Two sprints, a repel, a retreat, a port, and a judiciously used 2 CP charge and a weak dot heal, two silences on different timers, eradicate, side steps, heal after scoring a kill. A heal debuff. Kind of glassy, but you kite like nobodies business and damage is very, very good. Only drawback is you go down like a Pro on Saturday night to focus fire. I am usually first or second on the scoreboard for KB's and damage in warfronts in this spec.

Use 44 MM 22 BD 0 Rift at 50

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fleetness View Post
    46 MM 22 BD 8 Rift

Two sprints, a repel, a retreat, a port, and a judiciously used 2 CP charge and a weak dot heal, two silences on different timers, eradicate, side steps, heal after scoring a kill. A heal debuff. Kind of glassy, but you kite like nobodies business and damage is very, very good. Only drawback is you go down like a Pro on Saturday night to focus fire. I am usually first or second on the scoreboard for KB's and damage in warfronts in this spec.

Use 44 MM 22 BD 0 Rift at 50
    Thanks alot mate, ill try it out Survivability is usually not a problem as i have quite alot of experiance as a glasscannon pvper from other mmos and know when to take my fights / how to kite.

The problem im usually having is that it bummers me out when i have to chase a healer for 2 minutes to manage to kill him because of him spamming instacast healers on himself.

RIFT Guide Writer

The only MM spec you should be using is 61mm/15rs for PvP.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...GlllkGGyy/t90w
    Last edited by ChrisN; 12-04-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    The only MM spec you should be using is 61mm/15rs for PvP.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...GlllkGGyy/t90w

was wondering about this vs 58MM / 16 RS

do you think the 61 MM skill (free recoil?) is more valuable than the constant 5% dmg boost of the stalker phase?

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Avind View Post
    was wondering about this vs 58MM / 16 RS

do you think the 61 MM skill (free recoil?) is more valuable than the constant 5% dmg boost of the stalker phase?
    Free Recoil offers you so much more on demand burst damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    Free Recoil offers you so much more on demand burst damage.

Appreciate the info (not at cap yet)

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

Telaran

I dont know about your 61mm/15rs build, im sure it is great. But it seems kinda booring, also i enjoy playing the 46/22/8 build recommended earlier - it is fun to play since there are lots of cool stuff you can do.

However i see how building up 5 cp and then just run around and spam:

Split Shot -> Empowered Shot -> Hasted Shot -> Empowered Shot -> Hasted Shot -> Empowered shot etc. etc.

could be pretty devastating damage. However i do pvp because i think its fun, not because i want to sit and play a 2 button specc to do high dps

Champion

Cool stuff... like killing a good healer with little/no assistance? I don't see that happening with less than 61 MM!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    Cool stuff... like killing a good healer with little/no assistance? I don't see that happening with less than 61 MM!
    Said and done, If you are facing a single healer just dps him as usual and interupt his first cast-time heal and he will be silenced (thanks to the awesome bd interupt). After that just nuke him down with strafe Works 8/10 times.

However, im going to test a 61mm build next. Alot of people have been saying the are cool.. so ill give it a try.

Full MM, spend all other points to boost MM damage.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-05-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbzalot View Post
    Said and done, If you are facing a single healer just dps him as usual and interupt his first cast-time heal and he will be silenced (thanks to the awesome bd interupt). After that just nuke him down with strafe Works 8/10 times.

However, im going to test a 61mm build next. Alot of people have been saying the are cool.. so ill give it a try.
    This is possible with 46 MM 22 BD 8 rift. If they are not on DR, you can silence them twice. Having two silences is very handy. I like to get them to under 30%, then silence, then flash of steel to 5 CP and RFS finish them. Makes a nice animation as you pull out your daggers when you flash of steel and it looks like you melee killed them and you are left standing on top their corpse. Very entertaining.

You have to use all the tools at your disposal. Barbed shot if they are running and refresh when it drops, keep eradicate on cooldown. Work them down and then time your two silences and save RFS into Strafe into Reloaded RFS, repeat.
    Last edited by Fleetness; 12-05-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Ascendant

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...duqtk.Vx0k.-11

My personal favourite build at the moment (61mm/12bd/3rs).
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...duqtk.Vx0k.-11

My personal favourite build at the moment (61mm/12bd/3rs).
    I may have to try this one, once I get closer to 60. Has most of what I like in my 46/22/8 spec.

Sprint, Flash of Steel, and weapon barrage, plus the RS port. Looks good

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast