+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteur 2.0

Rift Master

Default Saboteur 2.0

I haven't seen much talk about saboteur for SL, guess everyone is playing tactician? ;p

I've tried a couple different builds from 61 Sab to 44-46 Sab with 20Sin or MM, Ranger, even NB (funny enough heat retention and builder damage works, yet shrapnel bomb doesn't consume HR). Many of the combinations are very close to each other, but weapon enchantment procs got severely (ninja?) nerfed. EM only procs on shrapnel-bomb or detonate, assassin poisons are utterly useless proccing only on finishers... any input from other saboteur lovers?

Plane Touched

probably something like 61sab10mm5nb (full ap)

It just won't be as good as tactician atm. Sab does have a lot of burst and easier appliance tho, so if you fail at tactician pick up sab.

Rift Master

From what I have seen Sab seems to be able to pull better AoE damage, though, granted, I didn't play tact much.

I'm actually trying to find a spec that's as good as 61Sab/10mm/5NB as I really dont like molotov cocktail, immolation trap gets rarely used (only to get a gcd so caltrop charge can tick off before reapplying with rapid setup), and the aoe dmg on movement bomb is crap, I was hoping it applied a debuff to the target, not covering a super small area...

Trying sab against tac on the TB dummies is pretty useless as sab always puts damage on the two dummies left and right of the aoe pack.

** disclaimer, I pretty much only PvP
    I have been using 51(+) Sab build and a 44 Sab / 32 Ranger build (well working on it, only lvl 56).

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vxt0kRdord.-11

For my Sab/Rang I am having a good time playing it. Spam bombs, imp trick shot to build CP, Headshot when needed, detonate whenever possible. Having Opportunity gives me the chance of headshoting or detonating and having a CP leftover for hopefully a shrap bomb to trigger.

I pretty much use 4 buttons, aside from managing my chemical bomb, landmines, etc

1) Splinter Shot - honestly I dont use much now, but once I am 2/2 Fast and Furious I will work into my rotation. Right now its a pain to cast since there is a cast time

2) Headshot - refreshing as needed to trigger beastial fury

3) Detonate - use this whenever I have combo points and I don't need to cast Headshot

4) DPS macro
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast shadow fire
    cast annihilation bomb
    cast carpet bombing
    cast cloud maker
    cast fragmentation bomb
    cast time bomb
    cast splinter bomb
    cast embers bomb
    cast trick shot
    Last edited by arbaal; 12-03-2012 at 05:05 PM.

61 sab is more aoe dps then any tactician build, the problem with it is I don't like immolation trap, that and losing charges on a mob is getting old. Sab works well on the dummies but with mobs moving around and it's cast time immolation trap sometimes misses. Using immolation trap is a - must - since it's such high dps.

Best way to play sab:

61sab-10mm-5nb
    Put all your bombs in a macro except chemical bomb and fragmentation bomb

Caltrop/Spike x5
    Detonate with frag bomb, use detonate if st but then add frag to your bomb macro
    Hit Bomb Macro x3
    Plus:
    Use chemical bomb on cd
    Use immolation trap on cd

I believe the order for the bomb macro should be:

cast Molotov cocktail
    cast annihilation bomb
    cast cloud maker
    cast splinter bomb
    cast embers bomb
    cast time bomb
    Last edited by Mayi; 12-04-2012 at 05:11 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Terrordar View Post
    probably something like 61sab10mm5nb (full ap)

It just won't be as good as tactician atm. Sab does have a lot of burst and easier appliance tho, so if you fail at tactician pick up sab.

sab > tact in aoe&singel target. the problem is there is not much trash, and MM/Ranger do decent aoe damage as well.
    Last edited by Nicething; 12-04-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Plane Touched

Tact > Sab single target as well as AOE. ONLY the burst aoe effect of Sab is better than Tact.

Sab was parsing 43K AOE on the tempest bay mobs for me. Tact wasn't getting close to that.

Plane Touched

There is a simple reason why you get higher dps with sab on the dummies in tempest bay.

You hit all 6 dummies with your abilities, and some abilities hit even more targets (Immolation Trap and Chemical Bomb).
    Tactician only hits 5. Maybe there is a position where you can reach all of them, I haven't found it.

Average dummy dps from Sab (45k AOE dps before starvation at 2 minutes): 7.2k
    Average dummy dps from Tact (Rotation including starvation, no dmg core used): 8.1k

Tact still has the 10% dmg core. Tact also profits more from cost reduce. And under 30% tact kicks everything in the butt. Hard.

Rift Disciple

Ya i have completely deleted my sab soul for the tact/Mm hybrid, it out perfroms sab in both aoe and ST by a fair ammount and the 10% dmg increase raid buff is nice since it stacks with everything but orchestra of the planes

Quote Originally Posted by PopeOrGod View Post
    Ya i have completely deleted my sab soul for the tact/Mm hybrid, it out perfroms sab in both aoe and ST by a fair ammount and the 10% dmg increase raid buff is nice since it stacks with everything but orchestra of the planes
    ^ this, except i did it for a high tact build for raid healing, but still can put out some insane AOE dps and swap to healing in a sec, so couldnt see the point of a sab build anymore. sucks though use to love my sab build

Plane Touched

Yeah, Sab was pretty neat in ID. Carrying one DMGTact and one HealTact with me atm ^^

+ Reply to Thread